Michael797 Radio Hell

Lmsmdm

We have lost a member of our tribe last night. Sadly I was advised this morning that he passed away from stage 4 lung cancer. Michael’s dry, dark, and sarcastic wit will truly be missed. His fiancé may be joining the board, will not advise name as she may want to stay anonymous. 

• Like 1

I knew Michael long before he was widowed.  My university built a horrendous building for giant classes where I was mandated to teach.  I couldn't deal with the technology and Michael was in charge of IT.  He saved my life 1000 times in those giant classrooms.  Sometimes we'd smoke cigarettes outside the building and make fun of the "system" together.  Then, somehow, many years later we realized we were both widowed and got reacquainted.  Then I went to his son's tragic funeral.  Then he came to our wedding party and we got stoned together.  I loved him.  A bright, bright brilliant light has gone out.  I wish I had had the chance to say goodbye.  

Edited by Toosoon2.0
  • Like 1

I got this news this afternoon. Michael and I talked quite a bit in the early days after he lost his wife. It has been quite awhile since we were in contact, but I am still saddened to know that he is gone. He was someone who wasn’t afraid to put the stark reality of his despair out there, and I believe that allowed others to express themselves as well. Hugs to his fiancée. 

Maureen

• Like 1

How very sad! I "met"Micael on the this board and sang a part of "his" song(My dearly beloved). We met in Amsterdam irl (Widowbago 2015) en spent some days with him and Jen in Barcelona. I loved his sense of humour, it was quick and sharp. I hope he is meeting up with his son! My condolances to his fiancee.

Injo

• Like 1

I should have checked in on him.  I could have done that and didn't and I regret that.  To his fiance - if you join us here -  you are in my heart.  If we can do anything, we are just a message or a phone call or a short drive away.  Christine and Andy

• Sad 1