Momento Mori / Momento Viveri

Leadfeather

I am in no way affiliated with this company, but the other day I was reading something, I can't remember what, and it lead me down an internet rabbit hole that ended with me buying one of these coins to carry with me. I thought I would share it because I found it so interesting.

Momento mori is latin for "Remember that you have to die" I don't need to be reminded of that, I think about it every time I think of my late wife, and I think about her everyday. But it is a good reminder. It reminds me to live a life that I will not regret. To live a life that I will be proud of when it comes to an end.

Momento viveri is latin for "Remember that you have to live" that is something that is easy to forget when the grief hits hard. It is both a blessing and a curse. 

Recently I found my second love and because of that I have grappled with the thought that getting remarried means I might have to deal with being widowed again. A point brought home by reading several recent posts on this board.

That is why this coin spoke to me so much, by carrying it with me, it I remind myself that I am going to die or someone I love is going to die, but before that happens I want to fully embrace the life I have been given.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G3KDG41/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1