Ghosts? Spirits? Loved ones hanging around? (Am I crazy?)

RyanAmysMom

Ok.....  So......  I'm not sure where to start with this.... but I figured what better group of people to ask..... so.....  here goes.....

Are your deceased loved ones "hanging around"?  Do you feel them? Smell them?  Sense them?  Hear them?  Do they mess with stuff at your house? 

My hubby swore that his grandfather hung around and talked to him, watched over him....And then when hubby's dad passed, I would randomly smell his pipe, or hear his voice....  

So in my experience, there is some interaction between spirits and us.... but to what extent?  

There is a reason for my question, but I wanted to just ask it first..... perhaps I'll explain more if y'all don't think I'm nuts...

Anybody?  

• Like 1

I don't think your nuts! From my own perspective I am a bit skeptical but do not rule out the possibilty. While I do not "feel" her around me the number 13 turns up in all kinds of places at coincidental times. She died on the 13th in 2013. 

One of our close friends is a medium and she says she is around all the time. Another friend recently came to visit and said it was odd because she didn't feel my wife's presence on this particular visit.

I have no proof either way but do hope there is more and some connection. 

I don't think you are nuts at all.

I seem to feel or sense my husband around at certain times.

He smoked a certain brand of cigars and friends and family have told me out of the blue they can sometimes smell the cigar 

I like the idea of this ,so for whatever reason it's happening  I welcome it :) 

I don't smell or "sense" Ken but I have had so many clear signs in the past three years that I have no doubt he is with me. Thee times in the first months I felt him at night - I remember waking up around probably 5 am on 19th March (two months after he passed away) and as soon as I woke up and opened my eyes I could feel the bed move as if somebody who was sitting at the edge of the bed suddenly got up. I was fully awake and I know this was not a dream. It happened three times. My favourite plant (Christmas cactus) blossoming randomly on the day of his funeral (2nd Feb 2016) and our first wedding anniversary (22nd May 2016). And most recent one with a bit of background - we used to travel a lot and in 2014 went to Tunisia and both loved it. One of the photos I  took over there is of this Tunisian symbol. And so this year, on the day of the 3rd anniversary of Ken's funeral (2nd Feb 2019), I walked home from the cemetery and suddenly spotted something on the pavement in front of me. Looked closer and so the very same Tunisian symbol with the ring that looks exactly as our wedding rings. Call me crazy but what were the chances of finding Tunisian symbol in central London (5 mins walk from our flat) on such an awful day?

Tunisia 2014.JPG

2nd Feb 2019.jpg

Our wedding rings.jpeg

• Like 2

No you are not nuts. And yes you picked the right group of people! I don't feel my husband around, but a few months after he died in 2011 I was just checking emails in my home office and heard really distinctive breathing. I wasn't meditating or anything. It was very strange. But was it in my head? No idea. It has never happened since. I think of myself as an open-minded sceptic, and since opening up to a couple of people about this kind of thing, I have heard similar, or verifiable stories of precognition, ghosts. I think more people have these experiences than we realise, but like you, don't want people to think they are mad!

I do also think some folks are more attuned to this than others. I've also learned (the hard way) that you have to be a bit careful who you open up to about this kind of thing, and mediums. It never occurred to me that people might be disturbed by it, because I'm pretty matter of fact, and an agnostic-bordering-on-atheist, but I had a couple of friends who in hindsight, I can see were freaked out. One was a Christian, the other brought up a strict Catholic but not now practising, and I think they may have associated it all with the occult.  But another Christian friends was totally fine.

My brother and I hosted a 50th anniversary party for my parents last July.  It had been two years since my wife passed away.  I left the crowd for a few minutes at one point to have a little cry, just one of those moments that it didn't feel right that my wife wasn't there to share with us.  As I was having my cry, a butterfly flew over from the nearby woodpile, circled around me 3 times and settled on a flower next to me.  i definitely felt her presence at this time and feel she was trying to show me she was there with me.  Others may think this was just a coincidence, but I chose to believe in what I felt.

I've been places where my dh was really on my mind and had someone come up to me and say hi I have a message from your husband if that's ok, he wants you to know he's here and loves you. Now mind you these people were strangers to me!

I've also had our grandson who was born 2 days before he died say something about grandpa when he was approximately 18 months old! 

Just wish I would feel him more...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a book called "When God Winks at you."  My SIL gave it to all of us at Christmas, our last together. I used it for bible study that Jan. before LH died. 

I used a writing for bible study the Sunday before LH died,  from a family that lost their twin daughter a year before, and we attended church together. They wrote about all kinds of things their daughter does to let them know she is about, a year later, mind you. And her identical twin told stories.    The twin died in a car accident, too.  Not a coincidence.   I was being prepared, I believe.  Subsequently, the girl's mother and father were very kind to me and my son, providing us support.

I have them all the time, "Godwinks."  My friends tell me about them. A Bridesmaid/childhood friend was on her way to the funeral for LH.  She was mad, telling God about her anger, thinking about the phrase, "life can change on a dime." When she got in her rental car at the airport, there was a dime on dashboard.  My phone, my LH's phone that survived the car accident that took him, would randomly play songs.  There is pass code to put in the phone and then you have to go the app. HOW?  The first time it happened, it was Police's song "Every breathe you take, I'll be watching you."  Kind of freaked me out. The anniversary of father's death at one year, I was driving home from a friend meeting as she lost her dad the year earlier. The radio played the song I danced with my father at my wedding almost 20 years earlier.  I had not heard that song in years as it was not common due to time.  

I don't pretend to understand this world, and I believe we have so much to learn, and we have a small bit of knowledge.   So, yes, I have them often......

• Like 1

Yes. You aren't crazy.

My first few years I had so many experiences, too many to get into. I am not sure if it was always my deceased husband or just my "haunted house" I lived in. It was already full of activity, but when I would feel him it was positive.

It's been 11.5 years for me, we live in a different town different house. However, I still on occasion "feel him" or try to connect to him. Last night, my son was pitching a Varsity baseball game for high school. (No one knows this btw..not my significant other right now, no one)- And when he pitches I always put his old flip phone in my sweatshirt pocket (from 2007) and his college class ring. I rub on them while my kid is pitching. That's the one common place I always feel/connect to DH. Both . my sons do too, they both pitch and their Dad was a high school baseball pitcher. I believe objects retain energy from loved ones. (I never got the phone or ring out until this year-)

May just be a bunch of voodoo science...but I swear my kid is always "on" this year when I have that old phone in my pocket. 

Bubu27 as I was following the ambulance I was full of  anxiety......at 12:48 I became peaceful and calm. I was about 10 minutes behind the ambulance because they told me I was not allowed to drive I had to wait for a ride... I didn’t. That is when he died. I had similar experiences with my grandparents. Days after he died I went on a tour of the house to familiarize myself with the house....you know water shut off, electrical box....furnace. Things he delt with. He was always worried about our oil tank. Wanted to replace it. My first tour I swear there was nothing on it,  my second tour, magnets meant to stop a leak. The first several months I would literally wake up happy. Would roll over to talk to him.....then remember he wasn’t there. (We didn’t share a bed the last 3 years due to his illness) I know he spent those early morning hours with me. He just always seems to show me signs when I need them most. I’ve even felt hugs through the years. 

I have had so many experiences it would take a long essay to explain and tell. 3 times in the first year I was awake and could physically feel Ken in bed, felt him touch my arm through the duvet and sit at the edge of the bed (like he used to). Once in the first months when I was still numb from diazepam and acute grief I heard him shout my name when I was walking to the cemetery (loud and clear, I even stopped and turned around). I have had signs in terms of our numbers popping up randomly, my favourite flower blossoming randomly on important dates (day of his funeral, our 1 st wedding anniversary). And then his sister Maureen's dreams - she never remembers her dreams but she can vividly remember a couple of them. Their cousin died a few months before Ken and one night Maureen saw her in her dream. She said to Maureen:

- I didn't know your brother has dreadlocks?

- Which one (they have a big family)? - Maureen asked.

- Ken!

- Is he with you?

- Yes he is.

- How is he doing?

- He is not well - his wife is suffering.

- She is suffering. She lost him and is on her own.

- She is never on her own - the cousin said

Then in the next dream, Maureen saw her cousin again and Ken was sitting/ standing behind her. He didn't talk but looked well. And then the other day Maureen called me and asked if I play an instrument. I said - I play violin, how do you know? And then she told me that she had a dream and Ken asked her why I don't play anymore. Maureen said she didn't know I played an instrument. Ken said - you are with her, you should know..

I hadn't really known Maureen when Ken was alive and it was only after he passed  that she would come into my life, helped me with all the paperwork, organising funeral - I was so out of it I couldn't brush my teeth. And so Maureen is the only one from Ken's family that I am in touch with. We are extremely close and she is the one that has always been on my side.  5 days after Ken passed away 2 of his sons, his best friends (I thought they were my friends too but I was wrong) and his favourite big sister Janet came over to our flat. I thought they wanted to discuss the funeral. I was on diazepam and couldn't breath and then they started telling me they want our car and motorbike. I said - Can we talk about this another day? And they would not stop and Janet, his sister, started raising her voice telling me I was selfish, and I was telling her - please, my husband just died, can we talk another day and she wouldn't stop so I somehow (must have been Ken's help) stood up and sad - LEAVE!!!!!!!! (Pointing at the door).

Within seconds they all left, Janet didn't arrive at the funeral and I haven't spoken to any of them since. They all ignored me at the funeral and now I only hear from Maureen that the whole family hates me because " I disrespected his big sister".

Apologies as it is slightly off the subject but I just had to get it off my chest

Edited by Bubu27
  • Like 1

I believe in the early weeks/months//years..it's more prevalent. Our loved ones know we are hurting and they may have unfinished business to take care of.

I believe certain people are also more "sensitive" to spirits and able to feel them more. My experiences started in my 20's with my paternal grandmother. She told me things that happened in the 1920's, 1930's when she was young. My Dad was even spooked when I asked him about the things she told me. I've had various relatives come to me, but usually only once or twice. At different stages of my life when I needed advice and it came from the other side. 

It's really not something I seek out, some of "spirit stuff" can scare me. So I don't invite it, but when it comes naturally it's always good. 

My Mother has the same gift. My 16 year old son does too (although he rejects it totally, he knew when he was 4 the moment his Dad died, how he died, and where to find him. Down to the point of entry of the gunshot wound. He refuses now to ever talk about it. 

I guess gifts come in different forms to different people. I really don't know how it all works, just want I've experienced in my life. I no longer get "signs" so much from DH, it's far from a daily thing..

You are not crazy!!!  I talk to my DH all the time and he talks right back.  I know that it is him because he cracks me up all the time with the things he says, just like he used to do.  Responses I would never come up with.  Although, as crazy as the next thing I tell you sounds, I believe it to be absolute truth.  Shortly after he died, I was laying in bed one night watching TV and I could really feel his presence in the room.  I started talking to him and I said- "Baby, I still have a body, I know you don't, so why don't you jump in here with me.  We can share mine."  I sort of opened myself up to him and I felt a rush of energy.  He has been with me since.  I hear him clear as day whenever I talk to him.  So no, you aren't crazy...I might be, but you aren't!!   We have an agreement that when my time comes, we will go wherever we have to go together.

And another thing - after he died, when everyone was asking about when the funeral was and services, I told everyone that he "loved a party, not a funeral, so we will have a party when I am ready."  I told everyone that!!  Fast forward about a year later.  I talked to a medium.  She said "He loved to party."  Then she said "no, no wait...I love a party not a funeral."  That is what I told everyone AFTER HE PASSED!  We never discussed that before because I never believed he would actually die on me.  There is  no way the medium could have come up with that statement!  THAT WAS HIM TELLING ME THAT HE IS STILL HERE AND HE CAN HEAR WHAT I SAY.

So I know that he is still here and isn't going anywhere until we go together.

• Like 2

@Bubu27 I have had something happen that has to be damon. The day after he passed my family was talking about text messages on our phone from him. I had none because I've been with him 24/7 taking care of him and I guess I deleted the texts ( I never keep texts). Anyways, while looking at my phone it randomly restarted. Suddenly old text messages appeared on my phone from damon. 

I know it sounds crazy, but this really happened. I have no doubt it was him. 

Melissa

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you @Melissa brown. On 19th May 2016, exactly 4 months after he passed away both Maureen (Ken's sister who has been helping me since he passed) and I received an email from Ken with the subject line: Hello.  The main body of the email was empty

This could surely be explained by some IT savvy geeks but given the date, both Maureen and I and the circumstances, I know this was a sign from Ken

On 4/16/2019 at 9:51 AM, tybec said:

My phone, my LH's phone that survived the car accident that took him, would randomly play songs.  There is pass code to put in the phone and then you have to go the app. HOW?  The first time it happened, it was Police's song "Every breathe you take, I'll be watching you."  Kind of freaked me out. 

Thank you for reminding me of something, tybec- for the first couple of years, my phone would start playing music, one or all of the songs I downloaded after he died that reminded me of him. It was my first smart phone so I thought maybe this was just something they all did randomly. I even asked people if their phones did it also. It hasn’t happened in years. 

OMG, this is sooo a real thing! There have been so many signs in the almost 2 years since Justin has been gone. Feathers has always been a big one, if i ask him, even in the dead of Wisco winter, i'll find one waiting for me. He likes to mess with the lights, and right after he passed his best friend Eric was sitting in Justin's office and the lights starting going on and off like crazy. Justin also had some LED strip lighting around his desk and when i was on my first phone call with a medium, they turned on and went back and forth from purple (his favorite color) to green. I turned them completely off, and they did it again, several times over the last year in fact. During that call i also had several statements come up that ONLY J would use or say.  The medium also told me that Justin wanted me to know that I needed to continue to keep Eric in my life, that we were meant to be something more.  I traveled a lot to see our best friends in the months after J died, and I always felt him riding shot gun and holding my hand on the way. There have been times with our best friends where they would see me be pushed or nudged; i didn't even necessarily notice, but my best friend always knew, saying "did you feel that? you almost were pushed over! J is so happy we are all together!"  (our small group of best friends were like family, we were closer than close, and these guys were his BROTHERS)

J also communicates to me through music, changing Spotify from my, according to J, "hipster heroin bands," to his favorites, always with a message to me in the lyrics. In the last year as i was getting closer to E, mentioned above, we both got all sorts of signs, almost as if he was pushing us to be together. Well, after almost a year, E just moved in with me this past weekend, and shit has been just crazy! My chair was bumped as i was sitting on the patio, enough for to nearly tip me out of it.  I then went in to tell E and upon looking into the basement, where Justin's office is at the bottom of the stairs, the light was on. I KNOW it was off, and E hadn't been down there yet. Thought i was losing my mind, or, even worse, J wasn't happy and this wasn't what he wanted for us, but after telling Justin's sister, she said that J is welcoming E home. There are too many signs to mention, and as pretty much an atheist before all of this, it has me shook. I tried to rationalize, did appropriate research, but by now, i just KNOW they are from Justin.  Whenever i am struggling, feeling guilty or am stressed out, he does something to let me know that he's got me, that i need to be happy and be the woman he fell in love with. i take so much peace in that. I believe that "Heaven" is what you want it to be, and so wherever he is, we are already there, and he is happy.