Wells Maine - June 14 - 16

Love2fish

The condo at Village By The Sea (ground zero) will hold 6 ladies and one black lab.  One or two widowers are welcome to stay with me in the campground.
If we need another condo that will not be a problem.  We will make room.

Weather permitting we should consider kayaking 9 AM Saturday when tide is high.  Or Sunday would work. 
This will be in very calm water.  The river that runs behind the condo.  There is a kayak rental shop where we go in the water.  Beginners welcome.

If you'd rather something more strenuous there are the factory outlet malls in Kittery.

Rain or shine the bago will go on.  Come early Friday and leave late Sunday or drop in for just a few hours, whatever.
  • Like 1

Hoping to go, I'm about 3 hours away, in vermont.  Wouldn't be comfortable driving there tho. Car pool anyone? :) 

I would be more apt to shop then kayak. 

What about a whale watch? 

Edited by Cae
Added more

On 4/18/2019 at 10:52 PM, Cae said:

Hoping to go, I'm about 3 hours away, in vermont.  Wouldn't be comfortable driving there tho. Car pool anyone? :) 

I would be more apt to shop then kayak. 

What about a whale watch? 

Whale watch would be on the First Chance out of Kennebunkport.  

We will do all we can to make carpooling happen.  Would you be willing to drive on Rt. 119 as far as Ashby or Townsend MA?  That should be just an hour drive for you.

I forgot to bring up child care.  If anyone has young children they are welcome to tag along.  We will  arrange some activity or babysitting for them if it helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Those 2 town's are about as far from me as wells is. (2 & 3/4hours.)

Just in an opposite directions. 

Where are others from? I live in saint johnsbury vt. Which is like 1 hour from white river jct. Vt,    1 3/4 from concord nh. 1 & 1/2 from Burlington vt.

Anyone go near any of them spots?

Sorry to report that MrDrew and I are very iffy at this point. We will be in Cape Cod all of the prior week and now have to drive my sis-in-law to the airport on Saturday so, by the time we got up to Maine, we will have missed a good chunk of the BAGO already. We are bummed, of course, but have not figured out how to be two places at once. I'll post another update if anything changes, but for now, don't count on us for this one. :(

• Sad 1

It might be possible to reschedule for the following weekend, the 21st - 23rd or July 12-14 or July 19-21 f we can get enough positive replies in the next couple days.  Other wise the only folks who have not cancelled yet (both of you) will each have a room to yourselves for the weekend and I will be in town anyway.

ETA:  I just remembered that Hachi was probably going to commute so that means it would be only MyRiver staying at the condo.  Which is fine by me. 

Now would be a great time for any new people to get involved.

Whatever happens this week I will schedule a weekend near the middle of September as we did last September.   

Edited by Love2fish

Village by the sea is an awesome place. If more people are available for different weekend, rescheduling is a good idea. 

This weekend is fathers day, and probably lots of people are going to graduations. Maybe that's why not many can go

Sorry to say that this weekend will have to be postponed.  We could still do the weekend of July 12 -14 if interest is there and no one has to choose between Wells and RI.  This is probably getting too close to the Chocolate bago in RI and I don't want anyone to have to pick between the two.  

I'm looking at September 13-15 or 20-22 for the next Wells bago.  Feedback on what works best for you is welcomed.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I replied on Facebook that the second weekend mentioned (September 20-22) was a wedding. I just double checked and I was WRONG. Eeek. Sorry. The wedding is September 28 so either of those weekends could possibly work. We will watch the board to see what gets planned. Thanks, Ted, for offering the condo up for a BAGO. The previous one was so fun!

• 2 weeks later...