Life after life

Bubu27

I don’t believe in a heaven or a hell. I am open to the idea of a parallel universe, or something like that.  I’ve had a very tiny handful of experiences I am unable to dismiss, so I do feel something beyond my understanding exists past this earthly experience.

If there is something beyond, I’m thinking it’s more...well, the closest word I can think of is Agape love,  rather than romantic love. 

The first was the most intense. A week after he died I felt him visit me in the form of...electricity, is the best way to describe it. It ran all through my body and was so filled with love and joy...it felt beautiful. 

i used to be upset that he wouldn’t be my husband after death, but I realized that I’m thinking about it from the perspective of my life here. If something else does exist, I don’t imagine we’ll be burdened with negative feelings like jealousy or possessiveness. 

But also- Im okay with the thought of simply being worm food. I’ve given up trying to sort it all out. I can’t give a definitive answer of yes or no to an afterlife- I’m merely open to possibilities. 

Bubu27 - I certainly don't believe this life is the be all and end all. Further, I don't believe that we are reunited with our spouses after death - not in any sense we can understand. Assuming we are in heaven, I think it is more like we love all, and they love us, equally but on a level that we can't conceive of. Of course no one knows certainly but I'm comfortable saying I'll bet it's a realm so good and wonderful that we can't possibly imagine it. To love deeply everyone is only one of the many, but very important, features in my mind. :)

• Like 1

My husband firmly believed in reincarnation, that people die to live an earthly live again and again, many times over.  I am not a believer of any kind and do not believe there's anything after this life. But it gave him great comfort, especially as he was dying (and I will admit, every now and then, I, too find comfort in the possibility that he might have been right and he's around here  somewhere in some form as he so vehemently believed and wished for himself).  

Either way, I think the most important thing is where you find comfort, however you define it; that is what matters most.

You see Portside, for me, to love all the same is not heaven. I don't want to love Ken the same as somebody I have never met. Loving all equally would mean turning into robots, all-loving clones and this doesn't sound heavenly.

I believe we retain our personality and so every single relationship is and will be unique. 

On 4/12/2019 at 1:45 PM, Bunny said:

The first was the most intense. A week after he died I felt him visit me in the form of...electricity, is the best way to describe it. It ran all through my body and was so filled with love and joy...it felt beautiful. 

This is the closest description to my own experience that I’ve seen. . Mine was before DW passed.  Two nights before. She had been too weak to speak, inattentive, mostly just weakly flailing her arms if she moved at all.  I picked that time to tell her once more how much she meant to me. I could not finish what I wanted to say because I just started bawling.  Somehow she rallied the strength to get her arms around my neck and pull me down to her breast to stroke my hair and speak plainly to me.  That seemed like a miracle. But the miracle followed immediately after.  It only lasted a moment or so but it was so sublime that if it were the sum of my whole life’s accomplishments it was a fair measure. I felt such perfect warmth, love, acceptance, redemption and satisfaction that everything was as it should be.  That moment was greater than the sum of the two poor souls present. 

Edited by Love2fish
sp
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bubu27 said:

Have you had any signs from your wife after she passed away Love2fish?

No I have not.  I am not a religious person nor a believer in spirits as in the popular sense.  I don't know the meaning of the experience I had.  I don't even know if DW experienced anything in that moment or what part she may have played if any.  I can only say for certain that this left a mark inside me.  

I do have some beliefs.  One of those is that I could not have had this without first having loved DW faithfully.   My promise was that I would love her till death parted us.  Implied with that promise is that I was then free to find love again, which I did with NG.

I understand Love2fish. We all need to do what our hearts tell us.

I was born and raised Catholic but when Ken died I was MAD at God. Mad is actually an understatement.

After a few months though I started digging deeper and deeper and now my faith is stronger not in a sense of praying more often ( I actually struggle to pray as God doesn't listen. I know from experience) but in a belief that Resurrection/ Afterlife/ New Heavens and New Earth are all true. If I didn't believe that Ken is waiting for me and that this nightmare is temporal, I would end my life today.

• 3 weeks later...

when my hubby died my, at the time, 7 year old son was so concerned about where he went, if heaven was real...I had no good answers, no one does. but it was actually my little boy who decided that he was going to believe that heaven is whatever Justin would want it to be, so he knew that wherever Justin was, we were already with him. That has brought me a lot of peace, and for someone who had zero faith my whole life, i now have faith that this is what's going to happen. 

• Like 3