Memory blanket

I know lots of people from the old board did this.  Check on Pintrest?  Try a google search if you're looking for someone to make it for you.  I'm pretty sure there are people who do this kind of thing.

A friend of mine made my daughter a small quilt; she downloaded pictures of her with her Dad from Facebook and had them printed on squares and she quilted them together.  I have never been so touched in my life.  Of course, I have hidden it away from my messy, disorganized child so that I can give it to her in a moment when I feel like she really needs it.  Anyway, I ramble.

You might get some more responses over the next few days from people who have better suggestions or who have done this themselves.  

I plan to make a quilt for each of my girls when they are ready. Right now they get some comfort wearing his shirts and hoodies and I’m fine with that. There are good services that do these custom works out there for quilts, pillows, or stuffed animals if you are a person who doesn’t sew or doesn’t have the time to. 

• Like 1

I am a quilter and have made 2 memory quilts. One was from shirts and a Levi's denim jacket, the other one was made from sweatshirts. They have given a lot of comfort to the women I made them for. Now, I need to think about making one for myself...it's not even two months and I am not ready to go through his clothes, yet.  I will and I am sure it will give me the same comfort.

What I am trying to say, there are quilters everywhere. Check to see if there is a Quilt Guild in your local area, they can direct you to someone local who could do it for you. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for ideas.  I've got about 200 scarves and about 25 lbs of bling.  The scarves are all different, from small kerchiefs to long diaphanous affairs.  The bling is all costume stuff.  I was thinking about creating a mosaic out of bling, maybe in a shadowbox frame, maybe sealed under epoxy, maybe as a frame around her photo.  Just ideas at this point.  The scarves I have no real idea how to use those but sewing them together would seem impossible.   Has anyone done anything with scarves and bling?

58 minutes ago, Love2fish said:

Looking for ideas.  I've got about 200 scarves and about 25 lbs of bling.  The scarves are all different, from small kerchiefs to long diaphanous affairs.  The bling is all costume stuff.  I was thinking about creating a mosaic out of bling, maybe in a shadowbox frame, maybe sealed under epoxy, maybe as a frame around her photo.  Just ideas at this point.  The scarves I have no real idea how to use those but sewing them together would seem impossible.   Has anyone done anything with scarves and bling?

The bling I think would look lovely in a shadow box with her photo in it. The scarves you can still have stitched together and made into a decorative blanket. You can have the scarves made into fabric roses and add them to the bling in the shadow box. You can make the fabric roses and have a wreath made to hang on the wall as well. The problem with a creative mind like I have is that the possibilities are endless. 

• Like 2