Stuck Again

I need help. I was very active with cleaning out the "junk" since FD left us (by junk I mean, he never met a tool or a an interesting thing that he didn't have to have) and then I got stuck. By stuck, I mean that I have several things that I have to do to take care of my own health (i.e. dentist, annual doctor appointment, dermatologist, mammogram, etc.).  How did you all get unstuck? Also, I was researching online about various widow things and I came across Camp Widow. Have any of you attended? If so, how was it for you?

Thanks.

Sillyjerkycat 

I have an acquaintance that goes to camp widow and loves it.  I am planning on going next year.  As far as getting "unstuck" I am not there yet.  I am SOOOO stuck.  My husband died 12/10.  I can't even cook for myself yet.  I feel like everything will come back slowly and differently.  WHo I was 2 years ago will not be who I am in a year from now. My thought process is to tackle one thing at a time and if it takes me a year to fulfill those tasks, so be it.

Thanks @beanless. The cooking thing, I know. I made dinner every night and now thank God for the frozen food section. It's gross, but it's food. I'm looking at the Tampa one in 2020. You're right, maybe if I just schedule one appointment a month I'll get through the list of things I have to do slowly. I'm just glad to feel validated about the stuck thing. 

Getting stuck seems to come in waves for me, even after six years. Be kind to yourself, grieving is exhausting work that continues in the background of your life for a really long time.

One thing I have found that helps me get unstuck is to indulge what I call "my grief  monster".... I try to really listen to myself, find what's consuming my thoughts, and then give it all my attention... 

Another thing is prioritize the to-do list and try to get one thing a week done. 

• Like 1