Tough times

Hi @Melissa brown. I am at 3 and a half months. I still cry every morning. My best days are when I am busy, either with a lot of work (I own my own business), or a lot of sewing. My understanding from everything that I have read is that you become a new person over time. We never forget our love, however, our grief will become a smaller part of our new self over time. One second at a time, one minute at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time. Hugs to you.

Take care of yourself, and drink plenty of fluids, I know I have been drinking a lot more water than I used to.

• Like 1

I'm at 3 months. The past 2 weeks have been fairly easy. However, I feel like it's all going to come crashing down. Work of any kind keeps my mind busy. When I'm at my job, I'm me. Not just mommy and grieving widow. I hate cliches, but idle hands are the devil's playground. 

Allow yourself time to hurt. I shut down and wouldn't face it because I didn't want to feel the hurt. But that just led me to a very dark place. I'm still clawing my way out of it.

Let yourself feel whatever your body, mind, or soul needs to feel at whatever time it needs to. I've cried at work, with my little ones, by myself...you name it.

I'm so sorry that you've experienced this tragedy. Hugs!