Happy Fourth of July!

laurie27

Happy Fourth Everyone! I hope this holiday is fun for everyone. I know that some holidays are not, this year I am going with a friend who has 2 kids to see the fireworks, something I haven't done in quite a few years. I do however, always put out my patriotic quilt, named Yankee Doodle because the red fabric has musical notes in it.

1119981443_yankeedoodle.jpg.3ab410f0ea8ed8f431ff7c05e73b00d9.jpg

• Like 4

That is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and have a good evening with your friend!

I always have a kid in the parade so we volunteer to help the band kids stay cool and hydrated. Then we stay home in AC for the rest of the day and rest our tired selves! We decide last minute if we want to do fireworks or not. We have pets who hate them and we live pretty close to the fireworks show so it’s quite loud from our house so sometimes we simply stay home to keep them calm. 

• Like 1

beautiful quilt! I'm a quilter and just remember to NEVER put it in the dryer, not ever!!! :)  That way it will last forever....

And NEVER put your bras or boobs in there either, that way they will stay perkier longer, he he he he, or so I've heard..... Had to share that one :D 

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE !

Edited by sudnlysngl

@RyanAmysMom Maybe we should start a photo gallery of our quilting. I would love to see what everyone does. I know I look forward to "Show and Tell" at my local quilt guild meeting to see what everyone else is doing, it keeps me inspired! Here's one of my favorites. I made it as an ode to the Rainbow Bridge. For those who don't know what that is: https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm.

919273028_rainbowquilt.jpg.6ef6235e12916d3b346aafcf6b14aa1d.jpg

• Like 1

@RyanAmysMom Ooooooooo! Very nice, I love them both! I love quilting as it gives me a feeling of making something that will give someone some joy. I made a baby quilt for the receptionist at the dentist office (I needed to stay busy!!!) and she had never gotten a hand made gift, it really made me feel good to know that. Have a great day!

• Like 1