3 things I did today

donswife

I was a bit sad about how silent this has gotten , so I decided to bring up an old favorite :

Three things I did today 

1. I got up , yay for me :)

2. Meet with friends and family at a christmas fair , yes I know a bit early ..

3. I was able to get my house ready for winter , putting away lawn mowers and (ugh ) getting snow blowers out 

I am not going to lie these things are always hard, as this in the past ,this was never my job but as we all know we do our best 

Fell free to add anything that got you through the day 

• Like 4

Started holiday shopping with my daughter

Finalized Thanksgiving plans and dinner prep with my brother

Continued a purge of the den - paperwork & junk 

It has been quiet here.  At six years out, the grief is softer and getting through the day is a bit easier.  But the holidays seem to bring about some deep grief that I don't generally feel the rest of the year.  Thanks for the restarting this thread, donswife 

• Like 2

1. watched my 2 year old step-grandson (DH's daughter's son) - I'll be watching him most of this month to help my stepdaughter out since she started a new job today but doesn't have childcare until the new year. My kids are 16, so it was fun to have a toddler- but honestly I was working (&traveling) when mine were 2 so I rarely dealt with them all day by myself! (I went back to work when mine were 15 months old)

2. I got the call that DH's storage unit was officially closed out (he's been gone over 7 years and I finally got rid of everything in the unit, which was mostly his dad's stuff- yes, I was paying a small fortune to store the belongings of a man who died before I even met DH....)

3. I may have bought myself a few things for Christmas during the cyber monday sales. 😮

• Like 3

1. Got my snowblowers  to work despite not test driving them before the 2 feet of snow 

2.I was proud of myself that I just didn’t stay in my comfy bed and ignore the storm but got up and got things done ! 

3.Actually ended up enjoy the snow after all the work was done. :) helps having a black lab that adores the snow 

• Like 3

1. Got my snowshoes to work despite not having tested them for years.

2. Stomped around the front yard with the roof rake and cleared a few feet back at the eves.

3. Now wondering if I need another snowblower and how I would ever use more than one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

1. Drove DD  all over the place to finish her Christmas shopping. A couple hours into it she turned to me and said "Mom thank you for taking me shopping today I know you had other things to do." While I had lots of other things to do,  she's an 11th grader now and is talking about taking a semester at sea for her first semester of of college so who knows when the next time I'll be able to go Christmas shopping with her after next year is.  and hopefully she'll have a driver's license for next year so even then I may not be able to take her Christmas shopping. 

2.  finished up my own Christmas shopping while I was driving DD all over the place. 🤣

3.  not actually done yet but hopefully will finish the collar on a sweater for DS that I'm crocheting him for Christmas!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

1. Wrapped presents for our last Christmas celebration. Yes I procrastinated on the wrapping!

2. Made it through my inlaws Christmas as the only single adult. My inlaws I think are to the point where they are hoping to see me bring someone with me. 

3. Cleaned my room. The holiday mess and decorations are gone. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 2:16 AM, Virgo said:

2. Made it through my inlaws Christmas as the only single adult. My inlaws I think are to the point where they are hoping to see me bring someone with me. 

I got "spoken to" by MIL for not bringing NG with me to celebrate Christmas with her- but he opts to stay home as he's not comfortable going for holidays...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, twin_mom said:

I got "spoken to" by MIL for not bringing NG with me to celebrate Christmas with her- but he opts to stay home as he's not comfortable going for holidays...

It's wonderful that they are open to accepting him though. Maybe in time he will be more comfortable. I'm glad my inlaws feel that way. They love me like a daughter and truly want me to be happy. 

• Like 1

1. Hugged parents who lost their 26 year old son this week. It stirred up some bad memories. 

2. Watched my Vikings lose to the 49ers. 

3. Watched my Blackhawks win against the Ducks. 

Pretty chill, lazy evening. I was avoiding everyone and everything. I'll be productive tomorrow. 

• 2 months later...

1. Got up and took a shower , yup this stay at home thing can make that something that is not needed.

2.Made sure I got in touch with friends with either face time or text ..much needed 

3. Went outside to take a breath and play with the pooch , just to get away from the news 

• Like 1

1. Laundry, laundry, and more laundry. 

2. Purging! We're all going through our bedrooms. I went through my closet. Shared rooms next!

3. Took an inventory of the food we have, and what we might need. I also took an inventory of supplies we need to finish the projects on our lists. 

Productive day 2 of quarantine (for me).

• 2 weeks later...

1. More painting. Livingroom, and started my 12yo's bedroom. 

2. Cleared out the weight room in our basement so we could start working out at home.

3. Watching a movie with my daughters to unwind before bed. 

Productive day 18

• Like 1

Ending my 5th week at home working remotely.  Running out of things to do....

1. rearranged wall decor in living room (been wanting to do and kept putting off so this is a huge check off my list)

2. grocery shopped (which I am finding very weird these days with masks/gloves)

3. arranged a zoom happy hour for my work friends for tomorrow night so something to look forward to :)

• Like 2