2020 High School Seniors

Virgo

Do any of you have a senior this year? My middle daughter is a 2020 graduate.  When they announced that our school district wouldn't be going back to school she broke down in tears. No seeing her friends until the end of the school year, no senior skip day, no senior pranks, no prom, and graduation is uncertain. 

Of course being the parent I'm most concerned about graduation. She earned that walk to accept her diploma. I really hope that our school district reschedules a later date. One comment that she made that hurt me was, "I was somewhat mentally prepared for dad not being there to see me accept my diploma, but I wasn't prepared for the rest of my family not to. " 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, my middle daughter is a senior this year and I'm concerned for her as well all she wanted was to have her senior moments and now without Dad who passed away in January and the pandemic she's just not feeling it anymore I just wish I can make it semi better.

• Sad 1

It is a tough situation for so many. A milestone to be sure. But for me, when my son was a senior, we had just lost our home to a fire, and he was going through a very tough time. I was crushed that he didn't want to "graduate" with his class. He said, "mama, I hated every minute I was there this year. Why on earth do I want to go back for that?" 

I'm sorry, I don't mean to hijack, or diminish what your seniors are feeling, but I know it was way worse for me as a mom than it was for him. I hope your children find a way to celebrate their acheivements. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jeff1038 said:

I just hope they reschedule. Some chatter about combining with next year's graduation too.

I think rescheduling right before the next school year starts, or in the fall would be nice.