Facebook Memory Of My Wedding Day

Bunny

I was married on this day 23 years ago. This morning Facebook shared a picture with me of that day. It was my favorite, taken by a friend of ours. I’m in a relationship now, thus it just doesn’t feel right to share it in my feed- so I thought I’d post it here instead! It’s funny, I feel like having kids gives you a ‘permission’ to post their pictures that I don’t feel since I am childless. 

It was a lovely day- truly one of the happiest in my lifetime. But I feel so far removed from it. Detachment seems an easier way to deal with these things- I never thought I would be able to reach this stage. I am hoping the next stage is being able to feel the joy of that moment without the pain of it’s loss also. 

❤️❤️❤️ Feel free to share your wedding pictures with me, I would love to see them ❤️❤️❤️

85357D7B-CCB3-4242-B553-C8E55FAA8BDC.jpeg

• Like 3

I understand that feeling of detachment. Now that I’m in a relationship, it’s how I feel. My married life was a part of me but it’s in the past, no longer present and has that surreal cast to it. 

This year would have been our 20th year anniversary. 

I wish I could post a photo. My picture file is too large...I need to see if I can resize it...

• Like 2

HI Bunny!   

Thanks for sharing.  I am the memory and story holder for my dead husband.  I share on FB. Yes, strange with dating.  I post on his birthday "happy birthday in heaven." I post the day he died.  And  I have posted on our anniversary but not the last couple years.  It has changed. I feel different. It is memories now. 8 years.  So strange how your brain can detach over time.  I guess out of necessity.

I shared a picture two days ago of my maid of honor and me in high school from a high school dance. We have been friends since age 4. And she commented how much she loved me and my LH and we were an amazing couple. She stated she was so happy she was the one who told me he loved me (in high school). I didn't bring that up, but there it is. I get  remarks from others often.  For a man to date me, they have to handle my old life.  I don't put it in his face but I grew up with my LH and my identity was a couple, not a single person. I am changing. I know part of the reason the man I dated so long loved me IS because of who I was because of my marriage and LH, specifically. 

Our wedding photo. 30 yrs ago this year.

IMG_5677.JPG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Julester3 said:

I understand that feeling of detachment. Now that I’m in a relationship, it’s how I feel. My married life was a part of me but it’s in the past, no longer present and has that surreal cast to it. 

This year would have been our 20th year anniversary. 

I wish I could post a photo. My picture file is too large...I need to see if I can resize it...

All I managed was a link. Lol

https://link.shutterfly.com/np8IC6XQA6

Edited by Julester3
  • Like 2

Thank you Ladies for sharing your beautiful memories and photos.  I can completely relate to where you say you feel so detached from your old life.  It will be 7 yrs at the end of this month and it feels surreal.  I am thankful to no longer be in the throws of that pain like in the early years.  

• Like 2

Beautiful pics!  

Brokenheart2 - this 🙏

I am thankful to no longer be in the throws of that pain like in the early years.

It hurts but not like it did.  I hurt for my son.  Those are the great tears I shed, at every event his father should have been there for him.  And the truth is, he may not really know what he missed, ya know?  It's not his reality. But mine as I had a dad for all those events.  

Aw, we were so fortunate and perhaps, we will continue to find joy in all kinds of way. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...