Precious Pain

It has been 819 days.  How do you move forward from the unseen and unspoken partner, Precious Pain?  I dont want to.  There is stability and safety here.

Edited by Steph

This song describes the greif so well. Almost at the 1 year anniversary mark. I often try to forget everything and move forward to escape the pain, but it doesn't work. Someone told me, "It's not fair that remembering him causes you  to suffer the way that you do. Hopefully his memory can be a sweet thing instead of agonizing pain." The pain definitely isn't gone but the thought that the comfort he brought to me in life can be a good thing to think about has helped me remember the sweetness of our life together. As there is not road map to loss, I wish you and I both peace and comfort.

• Like 1

It has been almost 11 years since I lost my first husband. Saturday will be our 28th wedding anniversary. It has been almost 6 1/2 years since I lost my second husband. Our 9th wedding anniversary was in March. 

Last night, I lay awake in bed remembering both of my guys. I was feeling sad and alone and missing them, although I have many more days now when I am not sad. 

You will likely always miss them and grief will be a part of the fabric of your life. Right now, things are hard. Perhaps very hard. I send big hugs. 

Maureen

• Like 1

During this first year I have been living from one "first without him" to the next. The time between each new event I had to do without him was often spent getting ready to brace myself for the next event or holiday I had to do without him. I have no idea what to do or expect from here now that I've finally lived my first year without him so it helps to have a peek into the future.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:10 AM, Wheelerswife said:

You will likely always miss them and grief will be a part of the fabric of your life.

• Like 1