Still crying constantly and so lonely

Avemaria6

Hi, its coming up on 8 mths for my husband and all I do is cry and sleep. Days times aren't as bad as night because I go to the cemetery everyday and meet up with a few people that have lost their loved ones. It's been quite nice, our own support group . I am involved in 2 support groups. One as a zooom group and 1 that is one on one. Its been helpful but I'm getting tired of the same old conversations. 

Nighttime is the worse...any suggestions.  I have my own health issues that are very painful that adds to my stress. Bad back, knees, and RA. Surgery on knees and back that didn't help. It's hard to get motivated because it's all consuming and overwhelming,  so I take off and run away  from my house. Changing a life bulb can be catastrophic.  Sorry for venting, but I miss him so so much!

Mary

Avemaria6, It does just hurt that much. I'm sorry you are going through all this. Health challenges add to the sadness. Time is your friend. It just seems to take so long to get to the better days. 

I wish I had something more helpful to offer. 

It's so difficult its hard to face each day. If it weren't for my dogs I don't know if I'd still be here. I have 3 beautiful married children and 5 grandchildren.  The COVID is a double whammy. I pray someday that I can find even a companion. The nights are so long and lonely.  It's just too much to face each day. 

Avemaria6, I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband.  It is not only emotionally hard, but physically as well.  I remember thinking, how can I possibly still be alive when I'm in this much pain?   Eight months is still so raw.   For me as the shock wore off, the pain started increasing.  Just know that in time, it will get easier.  Reach out to your family as much as possible and stay connected to others going thru the same thing.  Be gentle with yourself and keep coming here to post.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Hmmm. Night time. I struggled with that. I used distraction to tire me out so I could sleep. I would read something, crochet, or watch a little TV to tire my mind so I could sleep. I had to change my bed to make it mine alone. I bought a new frame and fresh sheets and it helped. Good luck. A lot of the time it's trial and error. I hope you are doing okay. 

I've done all that. The loneliness is unbearable at times. The Grieving is a process and it's hard to believe 9 mths have passed. I want him back, but the heartache of never seeing him again in this world is so hard to accept 💔 going to the cemetery everyday gives me some comfort and peace. I just lost my 36 yr old niece and her unborn child suddenly. She leaves behind 4 small children and her husband.  The burial was today and it brings back anxiety and stress for me. It's so sad.