Recently widowed.

Hello,

I lost my Dave 6 months a go to cancer, he was diagnosed late even though he'd had scans, tests etc. His treatment was absolutely appalling but his final days were calm when he started recieving hospice care, getting the hospital's claws out of him was hard work! He died in my arms on the 10th of August. My life is ruined, we had so many plans and dreams and I'm finding adjusting to single life challenging, we were together 27 years, married for 3, we have 1 grown up daughter. I miss him so much 🙁

IMG_20210214_110531_055.jpg

• Like 2

I'm so sorry for your loss CS.  It's been over 4 years since I lost my wife and thankfully I am in a much better place than I was in the early stages.  I remember feeling so lost, directionless, so full of pain.  There's lots of people here who can relate to your loss and offer good advice and be an understanding ear.  Take care

• Like 1

Hello CS. I'm so sorry for your loss. I am at 2 years today when I lost my husband Mark. It's very hard in the beginning, we were in business together so we spent most of our time together. Learning to be alone can be difficult. My quilting hobby helps me a lot as it gives me something else to concentrate on. I also still have my business, so it makes me have to think about something else, which is very helpful. Take care of yourself and drink plenty of water to make up for all the tears that you cry.

• Like 1

CS  I'm so sorry for your loss,  The early days are so difficult, it can be hard to imagine that the darkness will lift but a little at at time it will.  Eat when you can, drink water and take help if offered to you.  I journaled every night in the early days and this helped me a lot.  There are many here than can relate to what you're going through, sorry to see you here but I hope that you find some comfort with others that can relate.  

• Like 1

So sorry you are joining us here. It’s hard to watch all your plans and dreams leave with your partner. I think it’s learning to process the death and come to terms with a new reality that takes much personal internal work. I was also a journal writer. I’d type entries into a MS word doc and it’s written like I’m talking to him. I’d give updates to him as if he were merely gone from traveling somewhere, I’d vent, I’d complain, I’d argue with him. It made me feel better. I wrote often in the beginning but now at nearly 5 years, it’s rare that I feel the need to do it’s now sporadic. I’m more sad at all the things the girls accomplish that he wasn’t here for. Be kind to yourself and take care of yourself, eat and drink. Take it a moment at a time and take all the time your need. There are no rules, just what works for you in the time that you need. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...