Best worst songs ever (revived from ywbb)

Guest TooSoon

Guest TooSoon

I'm not sure this was ever an official topic or if some other post lead into an impromptu and  hilarious series of posts of songs we can't help but love no matter how "wrong" they might otherwise be.  I was talking tonight to a dear friend who did not migrate over from ywbb and we had some laughs over those posts so it seemed worth a shot at a revival. 

So here is mine (it is also my signature karaoke song...ouch), with a little well deserved snark from the Red Hot Chili Peppers (they do it pretty good justice compared to the Looking Glass...). I, actually, not knowing what to post on Scott's Facebook page on the one year anniversary, posted this.  It made me laugh out loud on a day I wanted to do nothing but curl up and cry.

We must all have these idiosyncratic sorts of relationships with songs.  I'd love to know yours! 

Guest tableforone

TS, I saw this last night and started thinking about all my best worst songs. Coincidentally when I went to youtube to find a video of Gloria Gaynor's, I Will Survive, many of my others were suggested for me...Village People/YMCA, Play that Funky Music and my go to girl, Cher.

But I Will Survive is my song. Ever since I first heard it. Once at a very odd birthday party in a Catholic church rectory, I serenaded the whole party with this. My sweet husband just sat smiling and watching. I so amused him. Having a frustrated stand up comic for a wife is not always easy. Now I suppose the widowhood adds extra meaning to the lyrics. 

And, by the way, that trip to youtube kept me up for hours. So many videos of the Blues Brothers...but that isn't really worst music? Don't anyone hate on my Blues Brothers!

Guest TooSoon

swilson, that is hilarious!  My husband bought a ventriloquist dummy from the 70s named "Lester" on ebay.  It was one of precious few of his possessions about which I had no doubt was being kept.  It was worth every penny!

• 1 month later...

When I was a kid, the first lyrics I learned were "rhinestone cowboy" and I rarely hear it now obviously but it still makes me sing the "bomp bomp" part lol.  Oh and my standby have to get up and dance song will forever be Abba's Dancing Queen no matter how old or corny.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mel4072

I love Dancing Queen! I was dancing to it in a store the other day! My daughter about died from embarrassment!

I'm so glad that everyone here likes 2Cellos.  They also do a cover of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' and that reminds of when I was watching another Nirvana video and my oldest son (11 at the time, 13 now) just turned his nose up from it.  Nirvana was huge when I was his age!  I guess they haven't learned to appreciate good music yet.  :D

Here's 2Cellos' version of Smells Like Teen Spirit: 

Enjoy!!