Say Their Names (Resurrecting a favorite topic from the old board)

lcoxwell

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His name was Dave. He was 50 years young. He loved life with unbridled passion. He was in utter awe of the world around him and always so full of gratitude for his life and the opportunities afforded him.  A simple walk through the woods on our property or a day in the fields with our dog left him giddy and feeling spiritually blessed. He never failed to remind the kids and me to be grateful and thankful for the simple joys of life.

He was a best friend to many, and to those he just met, he was only a stranger for a short while, because once he shook a hand he became a friend.

He was a respected and beloved boss to over 100 employees, often going above and beyond for his employees personally. He would give a vehicle to someone with no transportation to work. He would pay several months rent for a family having a tough time of things. He would do home repairs for a single mom struggling to keep it together.

He was an amazing dad, always full of wonderment and joy when it came to his kids, looking at them in that "dad" way of his, sometimes with a bit of bewilderment and amusement that he had a part in creating these three individuals so different from himself.

And lastly, he was a devoted husband and the love of my life. We didn't always understand each other, and at times completely  frustrated each other, no doubt me frustrating him a good deal more than the reverse!!  I am sometimes ashamed of how I tested his love, but it was in the moment and seemed important and relevant. Now, I know better. Our marriage was so not perfect, but we both knew we were in it for the long haul. Damn it, D, I effin miss you and love you. WTF.

• 2 weeks later...

Her name was Catherine. Sometimes "Cath", but never "Cathy" (she hated that name). Her family called her "Giggi" when she was little because she giggled so much as a child.

Today would have been Catherine's 49th birthday. It is her second birthday since she passed away. I took the day off from work to remember her. I visited her grave, had lunch with her mother and went to the gym.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Boy I really need this tonight for I am having a tough time going to sleep which is common for me. So here it goes. Her Name is Renee, and through out our whole relationship we always called each other names of famous people for instance I would be Romeo and she would be Juliet, Popeye and Olive Oil, and At bed time she was Gracie and I was George (George Burns and Gracie Allen) .. But the name we went by the most was Bonay Bo for the first two letters of my last name and the Nay was short for Renee . And just like the nickname we were always together, but I am missing hearing her singing and I can't sleep because of it.

• 6 months later...

Jennifer, Jen, I usually called her Jenny or Smack (Because i liked to playfully smack her nice butt)

I was maybe what some people call a player because I dated a lot of women but never for long. I wasn't a player at all actually, I just was young and didn't really know what I wanted till I met Jenny.

Then I knew instantly.

I was so in love with her that I would have married her the day after we met.

Jenny turned my world upside down.

She was so different from anyone I ever knew before.

Me the confirmed bachelor was so smitten.

I met her when I was 23 and we were married 5 months later.

She was and is my soulmate. She was just 19 and we had our life planned out. After she was done university and she became a Doctor we would have a child.

Took a bit but finally we had the most amazing little girl. God I loved being a Dad and Husband. After 15 years and 4 months together she passed 2 months and 27 days ago at just 34 years young.

So I don't know how to barely take care of myself these days, and probably wouldn't even get out of bed some days except i have my sweet daughter to bring my life some meaning still.

So my angel girl and I do the best we can is all now.

Jenny thanks for showing me what true and unconditional love really is....

• 4 weeks later...

Sander was his name, but I said 'san' most times. Or 'lief', which translates into sweetheart.

Makes me cry to type his name. Just like it makes me cry to receive mail with his name on it - or worse something about him being gone and some administrative detail that needs to be taken care of. It becomes more real when you put it or read it on paper. How I loved - love - and miss my dearest Sander.

Was hot tubbing with some good people tonight.....the one gal is a newer friend, and never met  my Jenny....she asked why I called her Smack. Before I got out a word my sister in law aka Jenny's sister said he always Smacked her cute ass, and that was how it started. It stuck hard that name, and it became her nickname.

I sat there half laughing and half crying from the memories.

Wow I miss her...but nobody can steal the memories.

His name was Robert, after generations of men before him and my son.  We called him Rob, Rkro, Kro, Daddy, Dad, Robbie, love.  My DD started calling him Bob as soon as she could talk and wouldn't stop until I started calling him Daddy too. 

I really miss that almost no one but me says his name anymore.

• 10 months later...
Guest oneoftwo

Euf- me too.

James Williams. He was always called James. I will forever know him as James.

He was my most favorite person ever.

John O'Brien -- a man fiercely proud of his Irish heritage. And as the good Mrs. O'Brien I did my part and gave birth to our son on St. Patrick's Day!

I called him John until the kids came along and he was known as Daddy around the house.  Upon his death and seeing the impact he made on this world, I now refer to him as Superman.

Baby. Hot Mama D. Mama Dragonfly. Honeybunch. Sugarfoot. Jessica. Anything wildly absurd we could think of, we called each other by our real names pretty seldom. Of all these posts, why does this one make me cry?