Three good things

Guest sphoc

Guest sphoc

Because we need a three good things thread, right @helen?

1) The inspection for my house went well on Saturday - it looks like things are moving forward for my home purchase! Yay me for doing this on my own  :D

2) Yay to all the wonderful folks who've worked so hard to get a new forum set up. It won't be without its humps and hiccups, but that's always the way with change, isn't it?

3) In less than two weeks, I get to travel across the pond again and spend time with some wonderful folks, and I'm just so excited to be going to the UK under happier circumstances this time.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Yesterday was the fifth anniversary of Rich's death. It felt like it was going to be a big, scary thing. It wasn't. I didn't live the timeclock of events in my head. It was a "normal" day.

2) I've been approved for services by the Florida Division of Blind Services and hopefully will see my trainer this week. As I lose my sight, I am seeing life so much more clearly!

3) As I work here in "my" room, my new husband is in the other room grousing about his internet connection (he works from home). It is such a normal, every day sound. I love it (not that the internet is temperamental, just the simplicity of such problems!).

4) Can I cheat and do one more?  I wasn't really faithful at YWBB the last year or so. I'm grateful to have an opportunity to rekindle old friendships and make new ones here!

1. Took my dad out for his 65th birthday.

2. Video of the restaurant employees singing Happy Birthday to my dad, priceless.

3. 15yo built up again and broke down. I held her while we cried. The tension in the house feels lighter.

Guest sphoc

1) It's finally warming up in Atlanta - the dog and I are both ready for springtime and longer walks outside!

2) The seller has agreed to the repairs I requested on the house and I managed to find reasonably-priced homeowner's insurance - things are progressing on this house purchase stuff (exciting but so stressful at the same time!).

3) I have book club tonight and the book we read was set in Maine and has me feeling nostalgic in a good way.

1.  I had my first date with Tinder girl #3 last night and it went really well. She's hot and witty and she kissed me, hurrah.

2. I've booked my hotel for the Amsterdam Bago.  I'm so excited that it's happening and that we're all holidaying together

3. The project I'm managing at work is on schedule and the contingency week I've built in (this week) isn't really necessary so my workload today is light.

Love this thread!

1. made it through an extremely difficult week at work.

2. had a great phone call this morning with a wonderful friend.

3. my daughter is doing well.

(Chemie - where are you? You were always such a wonderful poster on this thread- miss you!)

Guest marian1953

1. this board and all of you that took on the daunting task of setting up and maintaining a new board.

2. My Siamese Rua aka Boo-Boos.

3. this electric thing called life.

The original post was started on the 15th October 2012 and for so long it was part of my healing process. I am so grateful to those who joined me on this part of my journey with 2198 posts altogether, which I make as over 6000 good things.

73d36c8cf0.png

This was my 1st post:

I am a mum to 5 teenagers and a teacher, living in beautiful Scotland. My lovely husband died this summer.

One of the ways I am getting through is to try and pick the things out of each day that I am incredibly grateful for, I try to get 3 every day, it does not always work though. I will try and keep posting mine and maybe others can join me.

1. Child #5 came home safely from visiting a friend, she had been gone for a week and I missed her lots. She is great company I realise.

2. I did eventually get to sleep at 6am and got a whole 4 hours, I was very grateful it was Sunday today.

3. It was cold outside and when we got home the house was lovely and warm.

My own favourite post was on the 15th September 2013, I remember it so well!

1. I had the most amazing weekend ever.

2. See above.

3. See above.

My favourite post from someone else who may like to remain nameless but I know who it was:

1. Umm @#$%^

2. Ooops, we are just friends?!?!

3. M effing sexy naked! OMG what have I done????!

thanks all <3

And today:

1. Yoga and swimming this morning, nothing much changes for me!

2. Bought all my kids Easter eggs this afternoon, very grateful that I live somewhere with excellent chocolate.

3. Watched a funny film this evening with child #1 and the lodger 'Pride', was pretty epic.

Guest sphoc

1) Things seems to be back on track with buying the house. Fingers crossed.

2) Talked to my brother for a little while today, always a good thing :)

3) In less then a week, I'll be on the other side of the Atlantic, visiting with some amazing people!

1) Widow bestie and I went to get our hair cut and coloured together yesterday at my gay bestie's salon.

2) gay bestie and I are going to Vegas, baby! It was a bit of an impulse buy...

3) I spent time redesigning my website and think I'm getting the hang of it now.