Three good things

Guest sphoc

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love love the tattoo Grace. Foxscript eh, smart.

Yesterday:

1. Started the day with a massage and facial, it was pretty wonderful. The girl who did this for me I had not seen for three years, but for about 3 months over the period Graham died I went to see her every week. I must go again soon.

2. Friend for lunch, she made a lovely healthy vegan mean which was delicious.

3. Yoga in the evening.

Today:

1. First day back at work, but without kids today so lots of time to make resources and get sorting done. There was a child protection course too which was not too painful.

2. Body Pump and a swim and sauna after work, makes me feel great.

3. Decided to go on a vegan/yoga retreat in February and I think I found something that works this evening. I became vegan last year after being vegetarian all my life and love it.

1. Started the day getting waxed and stuff. You never know.

2. TRX Force session (resistance training) then a swim and sauna. Always a good thing.

3. I was going to go an see some live music this evening with a friend but there was too much snow so I came home again and made curry for myself, it was pretty good.

1. I've continued the physical therapy (for the day) I can do for myself,in hopes to strengthen myself from prior surgeries.

2.Today I've managed to stay pretty positive & that's a genuinely difficult task currently (circumstances).

3. Bit tongue & didn't give fatherly advice to opportunist daughter & soninlaw, I as a father must allow trains to wreck,rather than say "get off the track".

1. BodyPump this morning, though I was still sore from yesterday's workout so it was tough.

2. Prepared some training I have to deliver at work this afternoon, think it's going to be fine. I can do grown up sometimes,

3. One of my friend's sister was murdered last night, a knife attack, awful stuff. I am grateful all my family are safe and well this evening, although that feels a little selfish it is about the only positive third thing I can add.

Guest TooSoon

1. We had a really nice 9th birthday party for my daughter and her 5 best pals at their favorite Chinese place last night.  I got to catch up with the two couples who've held us close and who I hadn't seen since Halloween.

2. My research project, now many years and much heart ache  in the making, is set to launch its long promised online database by the end of the month, in truncated form, but it feels good to know that we've made it happen after everything we've both been through, my research partner and I.

3.  My Dad came over and changed all of the burnt out lightbulbs I couldn't reach, fixed my bike and moved some furniture.  Funny how getting someone over here to accomplish those little nuisances is huge.

and just cuz,

4.  I'm baking bread tonight which always makes me feel better. 

Lots of love. 

1. Attending an incredible educational retreat in Arizona

2. Amazing lectures and workshops from some leaders in the field of Integrative Medicine

3. Opening my mind and heart to new possibilities both personally and professionally

1. Dreams of my wonderful Ronnie.  Last night was kind of unusual.  I thought in my dream "I know this can't be real" and then I made the decision inside my dream to not it mention to dream Ronnie because it would ruin the nice time we were having.  I even said to him in the dream "It was so nice spending this time with you."

2. Dreams of the future.  I am just now able to think of things I may want for myself.  I wouldn't call it hope, but just that I can appreciate anything enough to want it is great.

3. Fantasy dreams.  Winning the lottery, great books and TV, escapism can be good and is occasionally much needed.

1. My Sailor called tonight and is now safely back at San Diego Naval Station for (the Navy says) at least a few months. I'll be breathing a bit easier.

2. My wife's learned today her illness is currently in remission. She is still sicker than hell but it isn't getting any worse - at least for now. A small victory but still, a victory.

3. I successful fought my sparring partner to a draw today during an exhibition. She, yes 'she' and I'll thank you to not snicker, outweighs me by 50 pounds, is 6 inches taller than me and is rated a full two levels above my level. During the early portion of the competition, she was kicking me so hard that I was flying into the air. I feel like someone beat me with a shovel. 

1. I'm trying to bring my Happiness project back after a challenging few weeks.                                        2. Lovely weekend hanging out with my son - who gets his full leg cast off this week!                              3. I've had 2 offers from my sailing friends to pick me up to go to a local funeral. So glad I don't have to go alone.         

Sunday:

1. Met a friend in the morning for a chat. I have been real struggling with church so this was a welcome break.

2. Met other friends for lunch, mushroom and chestnut soup with sage bread, it was delicious.

3. Excellent yoga class then a swim and sauna.

Monday:

1. It was not snowing as I waited at the station at 7am and I found my gloves.

2. Got lots done at work today (and this evening after work). My workload currently is huge and I am having to fight hard to restrict my working to under 60 hours a week (it has been much higher).

3. Yoga this evening (well I have not done this yet, but it is now 10pm here and I set myself the goal of exercise every day this month so heading off now) ... I have however walked 10k steps and climbed 35 floors despite sitting at my desk most of the day.

Tuesday:

1. Body Pump #97 - a tough one.

2. Got lots of work done, unfortunately that meant I didn't get to bed until after midnight.

3. Got to sleep immediately, my bed is wonderful.

Wednesday

1. I got a Fitbit from the kids for Christmas and really love it. It tells me that on a normalish day at work I climb at least 50 flights of stairs.

2. Got through to someone about some Building Warrants and they offered to come visit on Friday, this is a huge help.

3. My cleaner came today and did the oven. She is so much appreciated.

1. It was very cold and crisp here today, gorgeous skies as it started to get light/dark on the way to and from work.

2. My boss is letting me skip some training tomorrow so a freeish day.

3. This whole week I was not teaching so had time to do admin, catch up on meeting staff, consultation time and got loads done.

1. Finished up the term at school today after a week of 4 tests and jet lag

2. Have some time off next week to work on my graduation project for my online class

3. Enjoying a glass of wine on the couch and no studying needing to be done

Enjoy the break Trying.

I am sinking some, it is so tough to keep on trying so hard to keep going and my goodness how hard I have tried for so long. I hope that eventually the effort will pay off.

1. Gym and swim today, worked hard which always helps a little.

2. A guy came to sign off some building completion certificates, paperwork that Graham had not completed in 2005 and 2007 when we had two extensions to the house. The guy was lovely and signed them both off, I just need an electrician now to check that's all fine.

3. Went to see 'The Danish Girl' this evening, going to the cinema was good, the film just left me sadder.

1. My son got a smaller cast on and actually stood up for first time today on his own. First time in 6 plus weeks. 2. Took a little "me" time today. Met up with local male friend and went for gorgeous lunch and a walk in Woods Hole. 3. Nice laid back "movie night" with my son this evening, complete with popcorn. Nice to just relax after hectic week.

1. Getting back to healthy eating

2. Son's team won their basketball game tonight and were good sports against an unsportsmanlike team

3. My dog.  He loves me unconditionally, he listens very well, he never talks back or argues, and he is so soft.

I never post on this thread, but I think I will today.

1. I saw my oncologist today.  There is still no sign of recurrence of my cancer since surgery in February of 2014.  For my rare and aggressive cancer, that is pretty impressive.

2.  I saw another doc today who thinks there is hope to see improvement in my feet.  I've had problems since I developed a rapidly progressive neuropathy that led to surgery and diagnosis of said cancer.

3.  I have a 3 day weekend to get myself prepared for school to start on Tuesday.