Three good things

Guest sphoc

Better day today.

1. BodyPump to start the day off.

2. Headed into Edinburgh, went to see how the new flat was coming along, did a little shopping with child #3. She has a 70% discount in a really nice shop as she works there and the clothes are too expensive for students to buy full price. She got me 3 new tops.

3. Had a wonderful vegan afternoon tea at a fantastic cafe.

84163ebd71.jpg

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in the United States, today was a holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King.

[*]I took a long, scenic drive in the countryside.

[*]I met someone charming for lunch at an Irish pub.

[*]I bought all the spare parts I need for my snowblower.

It was a good day, indeed.

1. It is miserably cold outside, but I've got a nice fire going in the wood stove so my home is toasty warm.

2. My bf is in the kitchen making us a frittata. I'm so glad he enjoys cooking, it's nice to not be in charge of that all the time.

3. I tried out a new bread recipe- Mexican King's Bread (even though the 12th day of Christmas is long gone)- and it turned out fabulous! Yum!

Life continues to be tough so I am going to really try and focus on the positives.

1. Last night I headed out with friends for a wonderful vegan dinner. Great company, lovely food.

2. I have been really struggling with church so this morning another friend picked me up, drove me there and sat with me, then left early too.

3. Yoga class this evening was wonderfully tough. I am managing to maintain my exercising every day in January challenge.

1.  The snowstorm did not knock out our power and parents, in-laws,and those I love are safe.

2.  Lots of cooking and baking, game playing, and new card games were deemed a success.

3.  A day off to get ready to go back to school. 

I've always loved this thread (thank you Chemie/Helen) and it's been awhile since I've participated...

1.  Earlier this week I ate dinner with a lovely wid that I first met on YWBB.  We had such a great night and it reminded me of how lucky I am to have this place. A little over four years later and we are both doing well.  Still miss our DH's but understand that will always be part of who we are.

2.  Even though I've been sick I am getting my training back on track.  Pushing through when you aren't feeling up to it is hard but so rewarding.

3.  I tend to be hard on myself but somehow was reminded that I do what I can do and that's enough.  It may not be what I think I should do, my house may not always be presentable to visitors, etc.  but I wake up each day ready to go and go to bed each night knowing I did the best I could that day and that is an accomplishment.

1. Today I feel a little better physical pain wise, which is Huge because of chronic pain.

2.The last couple days,I've felt at peace a bit more,where loosing my wife is concerned; I've had more memories of good times,instead of the tragic sudden loss.

3.Hmm it's early & Monday,but I feel like it may be a good day ;)

1. Finished my graduation project for my online program (afraid to hit the "submit" button though...)

2. I am really enjoying working on real clients in massage therapy school, I find it to be very grounding and stress relieving and I'm getting very positive feedback

3. Sitting by my kitchen fireplace, watching the snow fall is a nice way to do homework

1. Got my hair trimmed.

2. Baked cupcakes with my aspiring pastry chef. Not good for my weight loss efforts, but worth it to see my 8yo 's sweet smile. She said I will be her partner on Cupcake Wars. Lol

3. Online shopping with my 16yo and 14yo.

1. Signed up for a women's healing/empowerment group tonight. I feel like I need some empowering...

2. Have put some nice activities on my calendar for the upcoming weeks so I don't feel so restless post Ch2 breakup.

3. My 4yr old son gets his cast off this week !!! Its been a long 2.5 months.