I love the logo!

Chopperette

I don't know who came with the logo, but kudos to whoever did. I think is wonderful that hands entwine to form the W. It simply reflects our mission here.

Thanks again to @Jess, @Justin, @Wifeless @Bluebird @Baylee627 @Just Jen  @LisaPop  @Shelby  for taking the time to provide us our safe heaven!

I can claim no responsibility for the awesome logo. I want to give credit where credit is due for this space and the logo, but want to make sure the member is okay with receiving heap tons of praise and thanks first. ;)

The widda logo came from the Widdas Gone Wild Bago a few years ago.  We started using it on our bago t-shirts.  I'm not positive, but I think Lewis came up with it.  It could have been a collaborative effort.  (I think we had been teasingly using it as our "gang" sign.  =) 

Maybe a play on the noun Wicca. Not to suggest we're all pagans although to be a widow(er) means belonging to a group that no one chooses to hang with. I wondered if the pinky swear of the logo suggests that fellow widow(er)s will try to honor, support and encourage one another without malice, judgments or intolerance.

(I think we had been teasingly using it as our "gang" sign.  =) 

Funny you should mention that. Have any of you gone to urbandictionary.com and typed "widda" in the search box? It's fairly amusing.

Then again, I'd put the wids around here up against anyone else who thinks they have cred.

Funny you should mention that. Have any of you gone to urbandictionary.com and typed "widda" in the search box? It's fairly amusing.

widda

1.a true gangster.

2.A lover of rap music.

3.A rebel without a cause.

4.A loose cannon

I suppose 3 and 4 are kind of true. 1 is doable but 2 is a defenitely NO!

widda

1.a true gangster.

2.A lover of rap music.

4.A loose cannon

I have a 17 year old boy...  if he is driving that's my only choice of music.  Widda or not, NO WAY!

widda

1.a true gangster.

2.A lover of rap music.

4.A loose cannon

That's hilarious!!!  3 and 4 have definitely been true in this "widda-ed" life!

The widda logo came from the Widdas Gone Wild Bago a few years ago.  We started using it on our bago t-shirts.  I'm not positive, but I think Lewis came up with it.  It could have been a collaborative effort.  (I think we had been teasingly using it as our "gang" sign.  =)

Yes! It definitely was a collaborative effort with us at the Widdas Gone Wild Bago. We adopted the gesture as our "gang" symbol. I took it a step further and asked my good friend, Judah, at judahcreative.com to digitize our sign into a logo. He took our idea and came up with the heart with the crossed fingers to add to it. I loved it! Threw some cash at him and received the logo as my own. :D

I am glad everyone likes it! And no, it is not a play on the word Wicca, :) To me, the heart represents the love we have for our widda family...the struggles that we help carry each other through...the many hugs given at bagos... Over all, the logo represents the bond that we have in our club that no one wants to be in.

Thanks for calling attention to the logo! I am really glad that everyone likes it! :D

Lewis

Guest tableforone

Y

I am glad everyone likes it! And no, it is not a play on the word Wicca, :) To me, the heart represents the love we have for our widda family...the struggles that we help carry each other through...the many hugs given at bagos... Over all, the logo represents the bond that we have in our club that no one wants to be in.

Thanks for calling attention to the logo! I am really glad that everyone likes it! :D

Lewis

Would it be possible to sell them? I know we have a no selling policy/profiting from our wid status but I want one. I would love to be on vacation somewhere and be noticed and approached by a fellow wid. Or vice versa.  Just a thought. And btw, thank you Lewis!! Love you!

Yes! It definitely was a collaborative effort with us at the Widdas Gone Wild Bago. We adopted the gesture as our "gang" symbol. I took it a step further and asked my good friend, Judah, at judahcreative.com to digitize our sign into a logo. He took our idea and came up with the heart with the crossed fingers to add to it. I loved it! Threw some cash at him and received the logo as my own. :D

Lewis

Got to give props to your friend, Judah, very talented guy.  I checked out his site and he has some amazing artwork and designs.  I'm in the same line of work, but he makes it look easy.

Still, I have no clue what a bago is?

[quote author=tkent74 link=topic=49.msg2366#msg2366 date=1426565203

Hi, Kent.  Welcome to the club that nobody wants to belong to.

A bago, short for widowbago, is simply a social gathering of widows/widowers.  The term was coined many years ago after people on the original YWBB decided they wanted to meet with people that they were communicating with on that board.  So...people plan get-togethers that might be a dinner at a restaurant to weekends to extended weekends where people get together and enjoy each others company.  There are some areas in the US, in particular where groups meet fairly regularly.  Some bagos have become yearly events and people travel from across the country to attend.  These events are usually advertised in the Widowbago section of the board and are open to any widows/widowers.

I have been to many such gatherings as well as one-on-one meetings with people here from the board.  I've also met with board widows in Australia and Canada, but my "home" group is based in the Connecticut area where I used to live and where I attended my first bago less than 2 months after losing my first husband. 

I hope this answered your question.

Maureen

Got to give props to your friend, Judah, very talented guy.  I checked out his site and he has some amazing artwork and designs.  I'm in the same line of work, but he makes it look easy.

Yeah Judah is truly gifted. :) He and his wife were a big help after my wife died. They babysat my youngest son when I went back to work and were the perfect family to watch him. He still begs to visit them and it has been years since they have babysat him. :) Anyhow, when I need artwork done, he is the guy I go to! :)

Would it be possible to sell them? I know we have a no selling policy/profiting from our wid status but I want one. I would love to be on vacation somewhere and be noticed and approached by a fellow wid. Or vice versa.  Just a thought. And btw, thank you Lewis!! Love you!

Aww, love you too TFO! And YES! I have a site that the WGW widdas ordered t-shirts and accessories with the logo on it. I am checking to see if there is a better place that offers more options for everyone. I figured I could add a couple of dollars to the price to help fund this forum. :D I'll have an update for you soon!

Lewis