Not sure I'm ready for this

Kat538

I am heading on the 3 year mark and I recently stopped wearing my wedding ring. Well I'm not even sure I officially stopped but I wasn't wearing it on Monday when I went to a baseball game. Not just any game but opening day of the Boston Red Sox :). And then it happened a guy started talking to me and said he noticed I wasn't wearing a ring and asked if I was single. He then asked if I would be interested in going out sometime and asked for my number. He seemed really nice and my friends thought so too so I did. He called tonight and I didn't plan on saying I am a widow yet but when he asked if I had been married before it just came out. I am really not sure I am ready for this but it does feel kind of nice to have someone interested. I also found out he is several years younger so that's a whole other thing. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. 

Eeee!! Doing a lil happy dance for you! And grinning.

Well, I suspect you'll know in short order whether or not you are ready. A date is the best and fastest way to find that out, so why not take the plunge? If it turns out you're not ready, you can always thank him for a sweet evening, and opt not to continue dating thereafter giving it a go.

But this is so flattering to be noticed, and hey, we wids could certainly do with an ego boost every now and then;)

If you grant him a date, we want the deets, so report back, missy!

Baylee

Boston Red Sox game? Wow!!

I'm a NY Yankee fan. I just went to Yankee Stadium on Saturday and we played the Red Sox! Yankees lost but that was ok, since it was the day after the 19 inning game the night before that ended at 2am. My Yankees only won one of that 3 game series.

The Yankees and Red Sox will meet again the beginning of May.

I went with my brother and my son and a friend of my son. It was rather chilly, but bright and sunny. I didn't meet anyone...

Enjoy!

~Catnip

Hi Kat,

Yes, we do miss the bleacher creatures chanting "Der-ek Je-ter Der-ek Je-ter." My brother wore his Jeter Re2pect t-shirt and I wore the shirt my brother gave me for Christmas, Derek Jeter Legend, that has a picture of Jeter at his last game ever, holding his Yankee hat in his hand up in the air. My son wore his Mariano Rivera 42 t-shirt.

Now we have A-Rod.

Actually, he has been playing very well. The crowd (of 46 thousand people and not one asked for my phone number) received A-Rod very well when he came to the plate.

Please take care of my Yankees when you host them next month.

~Catnip

Well I went from wearing my eternity band, my past-present-future and HIS gold band to just the past-present-future.  Still looks a teeny bit bridal, but I hope without a band there ... well anyway. I just cant take em all completely off yet. But congratulations on your date :)

A widow that I know decided to try online dating at three years out, and it wasn?t long before a guy invited her to lunch. She was petrified and really didn?t know if she could go. The guy calmed her fears by saying ?look at it as just a sandwich and a glass of tea between two adults?.no expectations?. She thought about it in that way and decided to go. She went and they never saw each other again, but she enjoyed the lunch and the conversation.

If the opportunity arises, go and enjoy.

Ok, Catnip, your post made me laugh out loud!

Kat, Baylee is right on target, try it, you've got nothing to lose.  I took my ring off and no one, NO ONE, has said a word or noticed it.  I'd feel very flattered...

Good luck.

Untrue RIFF, we all noticed at the last BAGO, or doesn't that count? I'm pretty sure some flattering could be arranged.... LOL

Ok so I talked to him again today and we are planning on going out next Friday. I agree I have nothing to lose it's just a date right?  Why am I so nervous???

Catnip. I liked ARod back in his Texas Rangers days. Both the Red Sox and Yankees teams look different this year but I have a feeling it's going to be a good season for both. Looking forward to their next matchup. 

Carey. No rush on taking your rings off. I still think about putting them back on but will wait and see :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have an update. We went on a first date on Friday. He was nice but it was not an ideal date. His friend had tickets to a show a couple hours drive away. We went with another couple so it was a little awkward. The couple however turned out to be so entertaining that it was actually fun.  I had a really good time but didn't really get to know him that much. It was a lot for a first date! He has been calling and texting a lot to set up a second date.  Turned out he was in my town tonight so we went out for a drink and got to talk a lot more and it was nice. I am trying to take it slow but he is already trying to set up future dates. I guess I will wait and see but overall I am glad that I took this step. 

Yes Brokenheart2 I just talked to him again and we are planning on going out again this week. He is going to visit his family out of state on Friday so he asked if we could go out before then. He seems really nice and sweet. It felt like he was coming on a little strong in the beginning but I think he took a cue from me and gave me a little space. I am looking forward to our date :)

• 3 weeks later...