First Memories of DW. We Met In College

Mac

I remember watching Cindy from afar as she passed in front of St. Robert?s Hall. So struck by her beauty. So impressed by the fact that she marched to the beat of her own drum.

JUST MY IMAGINATION (1971)- THE TEMPTATIONS

Guest TooSoon

That's super sweet, Mac.  Scott and I always joked because one day he asked me, long after we'd been together for some time, what my first impression was the first time we met and I told him, "I thought, "Wow, that is one seriously electric blue shirt!""  Not sure that's what he was after but The Shirt became a long standing joke.

I became a runner so I could run with Scott, though I no longer run.  But I can see with razor clarity his run, just a few feet ahead of me or running back from having run ahead so we could run together.  Or him finishing a run and slowing down as he approached the house when baby M and I were out in the yard waiting for him.  I love these memories that play like a movie in my head.  Soft and comforting, pre-cancer memories of profoundly happy times.  As you said, there is so much to be grateful for. 

• 1 month later...

ah, first memories. mine are very good.

When I met my husband, he was my date's younger brother. And I didn't like him at all.

then a week later, when I crashed their bedroom in a boarding house (by climbing into their window!!) my future husband was

embarrassed and appalled because he was sleeping nude and i had invaded his home. PS i WAS invited by his brother.

5 years later, we fell in love. but those early days... lol