Vancouver, BC/ Van Isle/ Pacific Northwest this fall?

mo12

I know there are other west coasters out there!  Anyone interested in a weekend this fall in Vancouver or Victoria?  I'm in Victoria and happy to host some hiking/ sightseeing/ hanging out... I still have yet to meet ANY young widows in the area! 

I will be traveling this summer (with my 14 year-old niece) and hope to be crossing the border into Vancouver.  I don't yet have my exact itinerary, but I am working around the date of Thursday, July 23rd to be in far northern California to inter half of my husband's ashes next to his late wife.  If anyone was interested in summer...perhaps the weekend before (July 18th or 19th) I might be able to make something work.

Maureen

Would be great to meet you all!  Wheelerswife, I am away all summer with my daughter to our "other home" (where we lived until last fall, where I lived with DH) in the Interior of BC so I won't be on the coast at all in July and August... but perhaps others are around, post away! :) I was thinking probably a weekend end of September or sometime in Oct or Nov. 

We're planning on flying into Seattle and spending some time there, and in Victoria and Vancouver this summer.  The likely range is the last couple of weeks of July and the first week of August.  Just seeing old haunts I like, but I am also scouting a possible move after the girls head to college.  We're up for meeting folks!  More when I have it.

Take care,

Rob T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Matt, it's basically a get together with fellow widows/widowers. It could be just meeting for lunch or it could be a weekend get away. It is a chance to get out and talk to people that understand some of what you are going through. I have been to a few things and it has helped me a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick poll- which weekend would work better for people- October 24/25 or November 7/8?  Or another suggestion?  I have some ideas for things to do in Victoria (with and without kids) but am open to suggetions too! Mostly just a chance to meet you all!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry I've been MIA around here.  I have to go back to my other home (where the house is that I rent out now) the weekend of Oct 24th.  Could still do that weekend of Nov 7/8 but Losttogether since you are in Victoria too would be great if you could come for at least part of it!  Could also do the 14/15...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I've been MIA around here.  I have to go back to my other home (where the house is that I rent out now) the weekend of Oct 24th.  Could still do that weekend of Nov 7/8 but Losttogether since you are in Victoria too would be great if you could come for at least part of it!  Could also do the 14/15...

I could come up for a bago any of those weekends.