Confessions of a widow

Tweety76

I had mine last week and exactly one year back i heard from doctors that she is brain dead but couldn't stop kids from wishing me and infact they gave me a small gift too. I was faking whole time but couldn't tell them whose wishes I am missing the most. Cried whole day whenever was alone.

Hugs

Manoj

• 3 months later...

I still wear his clothes on occasion to bed

Look at the empty chair next to me often and think you should be sitting there.  Wishing no one would sit there but my love. 

still have a hard time saying or admitting the W word.  Like it would change, if I do not say it then it is not true mentality.

Like watching movies we enjoyed together. 

I still have the last shirt he wore at home hanging in my closet. I used to smell it daily. Sometimes I slept with it. It's never been washed. It will never be washed again. It has been almost 4 years, so his scent is very faint but still there. I'll never forget his scent even after it completely fades from his shirt.

KrypticKat, so do I. Not really celebrities but peopleI just make up in my head. I don't like to fantasize about my husband because that will never happen again. I figure that wouldn't help my mental state either. But like you said the other could happen.

• 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, blwilli68025 said:

My confession: My wife only passed a month ago, but I almost want to date, just for the physical connection.

Been there, done that.  As have others here IIRC.  That is not to say your story is not unique.  No two of us have exactly the same story.  I am going on six years out.  Within days of DW passing I told my sons and her closest friends that I would be dating very soon.  I don't regret it to this day.  I made mistakes which I do regret but working on building a new life was not a mistake.

Sorry you are here, glad you are reaching out.

Edited by Love2fish
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, blwilli68025 said:

My confession: My wife only passed a month ago, but I almost want to date, just for the physical connection.

This walk is different for each and everyone one of us. I will say one thing and it comes from the best place in my heart at 11 years out for me and newly divorced.

Please be careful out there. Times are different, and people have changed.

Your head and heart are a bit cloudy right now, and I'm not saying to not venture out, just saying be careful and get back to living if that is what you are able to do for you!

Best wishes and best of luck to you blwilli and  to you to Love2fish

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sudnlysngl said:

Your head and heart are a bit cloudy right now, and I'm not saying to not venture out, just saying be careful and get back to living if that is what you are able to do for you!

Very wise counsel, thank you for stating that so clearly sudnlysngl.

Dw's best friend became a grief counselor.  I told her that I was going to be dating soon.  Scandalously soon.  She was unfazed.  Told me to go for it.  
She told me that her opinion was that I was going to fall down and it would hurt and I should get up again till I had learned to walk.  Just like a baby learns.

• Like 2