My FIL died

AutumnGlow

I'm having a lot of mixed feelings because he was so cruel to me when Jim was sick.  He had wanted to see our daughter again after Jim died and I never let him.  I cut off contact with him and his wife (Jim's step-mother) after Jim died.  I still think it was the right thing to do, but she was the main problem.  She was truly evil to me...he mostly just supported her in her evil.  I found out tonight that he died on June 4th.  No one contacted me to tell me, but I'm not surprised about that.  I feel some regret, though, that things went so badly.  I had been hoping that MIL would die first and that then, MAYBE, I'd have been willing to let him see Rachel.  I'm not 100% sure what I would have done, but definitely as long as it was both of them there was no chance I'd have any contact with them.  Now that possibility is gone and I'm kind of sad about it.  I am having some other feelings coming up, too...about Jim.

I am sorry that you are having to deal with mixed feelings and feelings of regret, while also dealing with feelings that are coming up about your Jim. None of this is easy, and I think it does complicate things, when our relationships with in-laws are stained (at least for me, it does). Anyway, I am sending you tight, tight cyber hugs and hoping you will find some peace.