More vacation, less work!

RobFTC

I got back late Wednesday night from 10 days away.  It was glorious - I may have to do it a lot more often!

We flew into Seattle, and got to meet a set of local wids for dinner (that was fun, folks!).  We stayed two nights downtown, with much walking (especially by me).  We then drove around the Sound to head over to Port Angeles to get a ferry over to downtown Victoria BC.  Two more nights in Victoria, with much walking (especially by me).  We then headed to Vancouver for three more nights, with much walking (especially by me).  In Vancouver, I got to wander around Stanley Park with another wid (hugs, S!).  One more night in Bellingham, where I could still get the CBC, and we finally headed back to Seattle and home.  It was all good.

It's tough to pick out a favorite thing.  Enjoying Pirosky Pirosky pastries at the park near the Pike Place Market (try the rhubarb!)?  The EMP Museum?  Both ferries?  Butchart Gardens?  The Royal BC Museum?  Eating wild blackberries on the side of the road in Sooke?  The view and fireworks from our ridiculously great hotel room in Vancouver?  The frequent jokes about us having to move up if Trump becomes president?  All good.  But my blood pressure going down - I am going to call that Da Bomb.  Means I have to do this more often, right?

Take care,

Rob T

Guest TooSoon

Sounds wonderful, Rob!  I'm feeling the fallout from two weeks in New England and the shore.  it is not easy to come back to the empty house.  But yes, we all need to get away more often!  I concur.

Glad you had such a great time, Rob. It sounds like a wonderful trip - a good mix of downtime, activity and fun.

My trip to China was anything but relaxing but I agree, more vacation and less work would be ideal. Getting away from home is crucial - it allows DD and me to separate from our usual patterns and connect better. I can relax a bit more without the realities of the housework and house repairs staring me in the face. No laundry, no cooking, no work...ahhh. I feel relaxed just thinking about it.

Now, how to figure how to make that happen...lottery perhaps?

Thanks for the update and for the opportunity to live vicariously!