Just someone to talk to

mikeeh

I just wish I had someone to talk to, chat with.  Not an in depth conversation but just someone to chat with, blurt something out that might become a conversation or just an independent comment.  Someone who understands what I mean when I say something.  That when I say I ran into this person or this happened they know what that means, no explanation or clarification necessary.

Someone that when something strange or funny or good or bad happens you can just say "This happened today"

Sometimes you just have to tell someone about something that happened to you.

I wish I still had that someone, but she's been gone for over 2 years and there is nobody to fill that role anymore. 

So much we have lost, and may never get back.

Guest TooSoon

I super get this.  Though I'm in a committed relationship, it is looooong distance - very - involving a 5 hour time difference.  All day long I want to share everything, just talk about the little things of life but there's work and then there's parenting and then there is more work and the time difference and it is so hard to power through the long stretches of the looooooooooooong nights of just me and my thoughts.  While I cherish dinner convo with an 8 year old, most nights I find myself searching for something, anything to get me to bedtime.  It royally sucks.  I hear you.

Hey Mikeeh,

I hear you and feel the same as well. A CS Lewis quote I've read here before "Her/(His) death is like the sky, it covers everything". When I read that it really resonated with me because it's so true. I miss all those little things being with that one key person who loves you and you love like no other. That one that just 'gets you' and can have those small mundane thoughts to share randomly.  Hugs to you!

Yes. I miss that too.

There's been so many things that have happened and all I could think of was telling him about it, or laughing with him about certain things. He was the one person who truly got me, and vice versa.

Planning and talking about our future, the things we were going to do, places we were going to go...

I think I miss our "bitchfests" the most,lol, we would complain about someone or something and just feed off of each other! It even got to the point where I had him disliking someone he didn't even know, just based on my dislike for her,haha.

But yeah I get it and it sucks!