Just Checking In

lcoxwell

This past month has been completely insane, so I have not had an opportunity to log on for a while. Far too much has happened for me to take the time to share all that's been going on, but I do have a few exciting pieces of news that I would like to share. First of all, I've been suffering from a number of medical issues for quite some time, including debilitating migraines several times a week, daily pain from fibromyalgia, and a severe case of insomnia, among other things. About two weeks ago, I saw a new doctor, who managed to prescribe just the right medication to make the migraines manageable and to allow me at least a few hours of sleep at night. Thankfully, the migraine meds are non-narcotic, which is very important to me, as I do not wish to be drugged up, while teaching.

Then, on Christmas day, my daughter and her husband announced that she is pregnant with their very first child! I should mention that the two of them were married last December and have spent the last several years vowing and declaring that they were never having children. Finding out that she is having a baby (and that they are happy about it), was a beautiful surprise. I am so excited and cannot wait to hold "Peanut" when he/she is born.  ;D

There is one more piece of happy news that I wish to share, but I think I shall save that one for the "Relationships" section of the board.

That being said, I have greatly missed all of you, and I am very sorry that I haven't been around to share the joys and sadness of the holiday season with you. Though we have never met in person, you all hold a very special place that is very near and dear to my heart. I am also sorry that I do not have the time to go back and to read your posts from the last month. If I have missed an opportunity to share in the good times, to welcome newcomers, or to support those of you, who have been struggling; I greatly apologize.