In laws

Guest Mel4072

Guest Mel4072

I've tried for 3 years to maintain a relationship between my daughter and her grandmother. GMa makes little effort. Very little. I'm about to wipe the dust off my shoes and teach my daughter a very valuable lesson... Take care of those relationships that take care of you. Let go of those relationships that drain you... This woman drains my daughter and she looks for her Gma's acceptance. No more. Mama is putting her foot down! I'm drawing the line! Xmas is not about trying to build a stronger relationship with somebody who doesn't play a role in your life the rest of the year. I think we will bow out quietly... The other way, saying something, is just another effort to build and I'm done....

I agree. I had to let my inlaws go a year after my husband died. I didn't care so much that they didn't reach out to support me, but I had to draw the line when they took no interest in my son. I did all that I could to keep my son close to them--calling, sending his drawings and art through the mail, flying out of state to their house, etc...I was the one making all of the effort. I did so to honor and respect my husband, but I couldn't force his family to be involved with their grandchild. I let them go, and the both of us are much better off. Kudos to you!