Will I ever stop expecting him to walk through the door?

You will stop.  Eventually.  Maybe in 6 months, maybe sooner, maybe later.  But the fact that you're still "waiting" tells me you haven't really accepted his passing yet.  Give yourself time.  Acknowledge those moments. Grieve through them.  (I don't have those moments anymore, and I miss them....)

My husband was a creature of habit. Almost always home at 6 pm. My brain knows the car is in the garage so I don't expect to hear anything and I know nothing will happen but my eyes look to the garage door when I am home at that time out of habit. Hugs to you!

Guest TooSoon

We moved to a new house just a few months before my husband was diagnosed with brain cancer.  This house had no good memories of a time before cancer and then his death for a very long time. 

After he died, I used to have dreams about being back in our old house, his car turning the corner down our block after school let out.  My daughter was a baby then and we used to sit on a blanket out front playing and waiting for him to come home.  I would also dream of him coming back from a run, hearing the screen door slam and him saying "Helllllooooooo!!!!! Anybody home?!" 

I stopped having those dreams a long time ago but I can still see it - the movie that plays through my head.  A lot of my memories have faded but not the ones of his coming home.  Of course, I don't expect him anymore but the memories are happy ones.  Now I am glad that I still have them burning brightly in my mind.  Hugs!

It hasn't even been a month for me and I keep expecting her to be here. I'm at my mother-in-laws in Connecticut and I live in Texas. A couple times this week since I've been here I've woken up expecting my wife to be down stairs talking to her mother. Or like the other day, I left her best friends house and I couldn't wait to get back to my MIL's because I just KNEW she would be there waiting for me. But as I pulled up in the driveway, I remembered and it hit me like a ton of bricks.