Three-fer: what music do you love?

RobFTC

I had an interesting experience lately.  Sarah got me interested in an offbeat comedy podcast (Welcome To Night Vale, in case there are other fans out there).  It reminds me of the Firesign Theater, who were the first comedy group to use multi-tracking to create their albums.  Anyway, the Night Vale cast was in Denver, and Sarah and I and a friend of hers went.  Fun was had.

That was all a giant non-sequitor.  Relating to the actual subject line, on the drive Sarah's friend Jack was intrigued that I had a radio show (Celtic Journeys http://krfcfm.org, 2-4pm Mountain time on Sundays) and didn't have a clue what Celtic music was.  So I opined that I could show him what I liked in three tracks.  That felt a little pulled out of my nether regions, but it worked :-)

So what music do you love?  And can you give us a three-fer to demonstrate what you love about a genre, a band, a singer?

Celtic in three:

Irish tunes from Lunasa:

Singer Mary Black:

Scottish groove from Shooglenifty (RIP Angus):

Take care,

Rob T

Interesting topic. You have much more eclectic taste than I do :)

This is the song NG plays for me all the time lately, he thinks it describes us pretty well: Greatest Love Story:

I never had time for country music, but that's all Bob listens to, so it's grown on me.

Other than the country I've been stuck in my highschool/college music tastes lately. I grew up on alternative/grunge, once I broke away from my parents strictly Christian music guidelines. The new pop stuff my kids like gets more and more stupid sounding these days, lol: Sheryl Crow is a favorite:

And I always like a little Johnny Cash, for some reason:

Nice tunes, Rob!

My wife had an eclectic taste in music, which was reflected in the three songs we played at her funeral:

CELTIC TECHNO-FOLK FUSION - Peatbog Faeries: "When the Seahound Left Me"

MADCHESTER - The Stone Roses: "This Is the One"

AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINAL SINGER-SONGWRITER GOSPEL-FOLK - Gurrumal: "Jesu"

Guest TooSoon

[quote author=daysofelijah link=topic=3402.msg40525#msg40525 date=1501334555

And I always like a little Johnny Cash, for some reason:

No one ever needs to cite a reason for liking (loving!) a little Johnny Cash!

* Useless with how this quoting mechanism works.