It's DECEMBER

tybec

Here we are.  The top of the holiday season.  WE made it through Thanksgiving.  AND Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza and NYE's is  coming up. (Hope I am not missing more holidays.)  It is a tough time for so many of us.  I am on my 8th holiday season without my LH. My wedding anniversary, which would have been my 30th, is the 29th to add salt to the wound.   And Thanksgiving was literally just me and my son this year due to Covid. The only one ever with just the two of us. What are things folks do to get through?  I do self care, AND I still end up sick ( I am psychosomatic with stress.)  It is getting easier, and I am so thankful for that.  But it is still that time. With a pandemic.  

And for all you freshly widowed folks, warm thoughts and hugs and know you will get through it.  

Please folks share. 😃

• Like 1

Yup - another Christmas, seven years along and the holidays are again a melancholy time for me.   What helps for me is to get outside and into nature, bike riding or taking the dog for a long walk and socializing - distanced - with other dog owners has helped a lot.   Also love an occasional epsom salt bath before bedtime, soothes my nerves too.  Trying to keep on keepin' on  

• Like 1