Say Their Name

hachi

I am reminded of an old thread. Couldn't find it here, perhaps it was from the old board, but someone, I think Maureen, posted a song on facebook, that had a line in it, "won't somebody say your name" and it brought that thread to my memory. 

His name was Craig, and he pronounced it in the way his mother would have said it, with a long A, and a rolling r. I don't hear his name out loud so often anymore. I will say it today, I think. 

• Like 4

His  name was Tyler.  Woody to his military comrades.  TK to his college friends.  Typhootie to his aviation friends.  Big Daddy T, T-Diddy,  or the Bens to the church youth.  He was daddy to his only child.  And he was mine.  ❤️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The eight year club! I miss this forum. Not sure why I don't check in more often. My bizarro world. Like everyone else, I suppose, but I checked in tonight and see all my familiar peeps, in my 8 year club. Well, here's to Craig, Donnie Awesome, Josh-you-wa, Jeff, Tyler, Fal, Dave, Gord and Ed. Say their name out loud. Someone who loved them will smile. 

• Like 2

Hi Hachi! Wow I love and miss our eight year club! I also don't come here often...but wandered across this evening and saw your post. Hope you're doing well and once we're all vaccinated we can do another NE Bago!

Hugs in the meantime!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

His name was Michael, AKA Big Guy. I lost him 11 years ago 7/1/11….he would have been 60 today…. Thanks to Widdas gone wild bago I started sending up Chinese lanterns for his bday with friends my second year…..the last 4 years weather has not allowed it to happen on the day, but I still do it….. maybe he’s telling me to knock it off? Life is good today, But I stil like to honor his special day, especially since this year would be the year he would have to go, as he’d be 60, and I can’t be with anyone that old 😎…..I just turned 28 when we’d met, and he was 34…..told him he was gone at 35 because I couldn’t date anyone that old…..it was our joke every 5 years 

• Like 1