Welcome back

Wheelerswife

Hi, all. Old long term member here. Widowed 9/09, remarried a fellow widow 4/11, widowed again 1/14 and now remarried to another twice widowed guy  5/22. 

I have been through a fair amount of change, to say the least. I am currently finishing the sale of my house I had with husband #2 and building a house with husband #3. Crazy, I know. 

it hasn’t been easy, but my wid friends carried me along the way. I haven’t seen many of them in the last couple of years (thanks to COVID.)

I have been spending what should be my honeymoon taking care of my 95 year old father 1700 miles away from my new husband. I fly home in a few days to shore up the closing on my house and prepare for our new home. Then it is back to work in my pre-retirement job in a local school. 

That’s me in a nutshell!  

I would love to hear from folks near and far!

Maureen

• Like 8

So happy this site is back up and running, THANK YOU Lewis, 

Maureen, I saw you had a mini bago! Are you in NY or VT or somewhere closer to me?!?!? Maybe ?!?!!....

Hachi checking in, miss everyone so much. Just passed the 10th year. Seems impossible! But life is good and weird and wonderful. Hope also to hear from everyone!

Marie

• Like 4

Thank you so much to Lewis for getting this back up and running!

I'm happy to say I finally made it to the "Beyond Active Grieving" forum, someplace I never thought I'd see after he passed in 2013.  But I keep meeting new club members (sigh), and I'm so glad to be able to send them here again.

And I"m happy to be able to browse the old YWBB again.  How cool.

• Like 5

Sending love to you all. Saw Maureen's post on FB!

Dare I even look at my old Ywbb posts? I've moved so far forward from that raw pain.

Wee update from me: widowed at 27 in 2013, remarried 2021, now expecting my first baby through the magic of IVF.

• Like 7

So happy this site is back up. It was a lifesaver for me in those early months. I’m incredibly grateful to and for the widows/widowers I’ve met through here. 

Roamed over to YWBB and had a blast from the past seeing so many screen names that I haven’t thought of in a while. Some I’ve kept in touch with on Facebook and others that I’ve thought about and wondered how they were doing. 

Unfortunately there are always more joining our “club” so I’m glad to have a place to refer them again. 

Coming up on 10 years soon (8/4/12), my daughter starts college in September and life is lonely but good. 

hm

• Like 4

I’m so happy this site is back up and it’s great to see so many familiar names!  I was widowed in 2013 when my boys were 17, 15 and 9.  I remarried in 2017 and have 2 bonus sons ages 11 and 13.   There have been some really tough times and some really beautiful times in this journey.  My oldest son finally got the help he needed to deal with his anger and depression which lead to alcohol abuse.  He is doing great now.  My middle son is engaged to the most wonderful girl and my youngest graduated high school and is headed to college next month.

I miss him when things are hard and I miss him during happy milestones for our boys.  I have a good life and so much to be grateful for but it’s not the life I thought I’d have.

• Like 4

Happy to see this site back up!

15 years in Sept (2007)-My kids were babies. My oldest just finished his first year of college and is on the college golf team majoring in History/Political Science. My younger son will be a Senior. I am teaching high school back in my childhood hometown and have my younger son in homeroom (it's pretty neat)

My daughter will be starting high school in a month, but is going to the "city" public school 30 miles away because she has turned into a crazy sports kid and wants to play for a bigger school.  I got out of a 5 year relationship this past Nov (no not remarried)- and am dating now in my 50's. It's actually still fun!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see the site back up and running! This winter it will be 12 years since DH died. My daughter was only 7 when he died--but now she's working, and planning to head to university in the fall. (She bought her own truck in the spring, a little 2001 Ford Ranger, and is on the road to visit her boyfriend a lot.)

DD and I are both currently living in my hometown, looking after my elderly parents. We came for a visit last year and it became obvious that they needed some help. Luckily all of my work is currently online, so we simply stayed on.  Not sure what is next for the parents (or me) but I am just improvising for now and trying to enjoy the summer.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you to whoever revived this site! I'm not on FB so I've lost touch, but everyone's updates bring me right back.

I'm 13 years out, coming up on 14. I have a son working on his PhD and another is a sophomore in college. They are amazing. I feel they miss their dad even more now, or at least in a more meaningful way. They could really use his guidance, his wisdom, his experience.... We are at peace with losing DH, but it will never be okay.

I started a business a couple years ago which takes a great deal of time and effort. My kids were so young when DH got sick, they never knew me as ambitious. I think I actually made them proud.

My BF of 6 years just moved in. It's good. Different, but good. 

abl

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How happy am I that I kept the site book marked and somehow just noticed today the icon for it had changed?  I didn’t post a whole lot before, so y’all might know me, but many of your names are familiar to me and I’m so happy to ‘see’ everyone again.  (Congrats to you Maureen!)

It will be 7 years for me in December (whaaaat?!?). I remarried in June 2021, and life is clipping along.  Still think about S everyday and thankful to have a partner that happily listens to my stories.  

Now I’m gonna go read my old posts … 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I googled this site for whatever reason today and was shocked to see that it was up again!  Spent some time reading thru old posts and familiar names - some of whom got me thru almost 12 years ago!  Over the past few years I have often wondered how people from here are doing.  It will be 12 years in February that I found this site and I can honestly say it was the best resource I have had over the years! 

• Like 1

Hi CJF, glad you found the site! Unfortunately there is not a lot going on here. With Facebook and other ways to communicate, the site does not have the traffic it once had. Not to mention that the site was down for about a year which really messed things up. Anyhow, I am glad you found the site and its valuable history of posts. Be sure to check out the former YWBB posts where you can view all the posts from the old site!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Lewis, thank you so much! What a pleasant surprise. I was using DH iPad last evening and tapped the bookmark.

We're back! I'm late to the party. I was getting an error message on my devices. DH still looking out for me.

I've missed this site. I've been widowed for many years but it is so good to talk with others who get it.

Thank you again.