Happy Father's Day!

Bluebird

Happy Father's Day to our widowed community!

I know many of us reflect on the amazing men who are our fathers, husbands, partners and mentors, whether they are with us today or not. May you be surrounded by the knowledge and memory of their influence on your lives today and every day.

A special shout out to the widowers in our group who have stepped into the single parent role after the loss of their life partner - wishing you a day full of joy and love.

Take care, Bluebird

Not a father, but I make a point of calling up my father in law and telling him that he did an awesome job of raising my late wife.  He's a pretty reserved guy (North English), but I think it makes him feel better than it hurts.  I hope so anyway.  And I mean every word, so hey.

Yes, yesterday was Father's Day. Altho my parents have been long gone, and my 3 sons have been without their Dad for 9 years now, I had a BBQ last night. I invited my brother and our cousin who also has lost both her parents. So we cooked out with shish kabobs, a salad and ice cream for dessert. It was a very warm day and we sat outside late into the evening.

My brother said grace and then I added "we are gathering to remember our Dads, no longer with us".

It was a tribute to the wonderful men who were once in our lives.