Scary 2-year mark approaching

I am now at 23 months and two days, and I dread the end of July. I never liked summer, and now I like it even less. I'm really scared I'll break apart and destroy the fragile image of being alright. I feel alright most of the time, and I feel like all my friends think I should've gotten over my grief already. But I'm not alright, although much better now than a year ago.

I haven't been to his grave since... November last year I think. It's a two-hour drive away, and I've been planning to make a trip there on my own on the 27th of July. But I'm scared... of what, I'm not even sure. I feel like I'd like to go alone, but I don't know if I'll be fit to drive all the way. Should I take new guy with me... or someone else... I don't know.

I just don't understand how people think you can just get over such a loss. You never get over it, it just lessens over time. How do you think your new guy would feel about going with you? I'm not in a relationship, not even dating, but if I was going to take someone with me it would probably be family. Otherwise I would prefer to go alone. I can see why you wouldn't want to go alone though because of the drive. Maybe you could plan a day trip with your new guy and just ask for privacy while at the cemetery?

• 3 weeks later...

My 2-year mark is July 23rd. A few months ago I finally gave her ashes to MIL, and she buried them (box and all) in the family cemetery, in a small town 100+ km from here. I'm planning to visit the grave next week and the new girl will go with me.