I don't want to play anymore...

rifatheroffour

A woman I could love finds herself uninterested in loving anyone...

I am almost ready to say to hell with my moral compass and why not find a FWB?

Been there, done that, got the Iron Maiden t-shirt. I've considered finding a hook up on Tinder or Craig's List, but even though I think I'm kinda cute these days, I don't delude myself that anyone else would ever think so. And who in their right mind would want to deal with even my carry-on baggage, let alone the freight that comes with me? (Widowhood, kids, increasingly dependent mother...)

So, yeah, sometimes I feel sorry for myself. (Why the hell not? No one else does.) I've pretty well made up my mind to just be done with the whole sordid mess. Lock my heart and my libido in a box and toss in into the nearest body of water, metaphorically speaking. No more feeling, thank you. I'm all done.

(((((((HUGS))))))) I hope something shifts for you soon, and for the better. Hang in there.

Guest sunshinedaydreamz

Sometimes a FWB is not the worst idea. Also been there, however along with it comes huge uncertainty. God the tinder. Like hello ? What do you say ? Wanna "hookup" ? Like that doesn't sound teenager-ish. The dating sites, not much better. I think playing the field, got me more depressed. Not many mid age people want full fledged relationships, anymore.