A Wonderful Dinner Last Night

Mac

I had a wonderful dinner last night with Cindy?s family and some other people. The thing that made it so wonderful is that we were talking about Cindy and sharing stories at the table. It?s been a little over 3 years since she passed. I think about her constantly. We were best of friends for 37 years and were married for 28 of those years. Two truly do become one.

Cindy has an older sister. I am close to her as are my children. Slowly but surely she has been able to talk about Cindy, share stories and laugh. It was very difficult for her for quite some time and I had to hold back on the sharing with her. Last night I had a sense that her comfort with that is here to stay.

I think about our amazing years together, our friendship, our love, our worldwide adventures and our family life. I want to share the stories with those that knew here, especially those that were closest to her. I?m grateful that Cindy can join us at the table.

This makes me smile. How wonderful, indeed, Mac. I am very happy for you. I have had similar feelings when someone is comfortable sharing stories, and I especially love hearing them from others perspectives. It makes me feel like I am still having new experiences with him, in a way.