Sold the last Michael toy...

66etype

How weird is it to go from holding onto their very last favorite memento as this represents them to getting rid of that item as it feels as if the albatross is gone? This weekend I sold his favorite.. my handle.. his 66 E type Jaguar. It's more freeing than sad at this point. I felt so guilty for so long that it was just sitting in the garage rotting. The guy who bought it.. perfect guy for it. I didn't even look for him, he found me. Someone else is going to love that car and put their energy into it.. it would have not happened on my watch. Love you Michael.. this is the perfect guy to take on this project!! All the albatross's are gone and I feel fantastic!

Love to all of us!

Tracy

Tracy, I hear you.  We have discussed classic cars before - my DH's dream car was an E-type.  His last project was a vintage truck in pieces in our backyard and driveway.  He spent 100s of hours on it when he was ill with cancer.  It was so hard to not scrap it but find a great home for it.  I finally did at 18 months out this year - a female restorer who will hopefully complete his work.  I had to give it away, but I felt no sadness, just did a happy dance about the albatross.  With you!

There is nothing more sad to a car buff, than to watch a beautiful car sit and rust and go "unloved" (as far as maintenance is concerned).

P. had an MGB and took care of my '67 122.  For years I watched them sit and start to show wear and weakness from not being driven and maintained.  It got to the point where it was more sad to look at them than to let them go...

I still miss them so much!  But I did my best to find the right home from each.  May they live on for another fifty years.  :)

It is freeing, isn't it?  And I think the guys would all be happy to know their cars are loved and cared for and that we are not left looking after them, feeling badly about it.

Take care.

-L.

I am very lucky. This guy is local and so loved the story. He is going to send update pictures of her restoration. I am so happy to see someone else so excited to love her and work on her. What a relief! On a side note I'm using the proceeds for a tummy tuck and boob job! Michael would love this.. and hell you only live once right? Grief is a head fuck and heart fuck in so many ways... off I go into my new world and it's up to me to make it happy and beautiful!!