Another suggestion

RobFTC

I was thinking about how I interact with the board, and I had a suggestion, which I know could range from trivial to impossible to implement.

We have a "Quote" button which we can use to create a public response to a thread post, with quoted text.  Sometimes I would prefer to send that privately to the author I am quoting - I'd like a new button to build the quote and send a private message to that person.  If I want to do this, especially with quoted text, it's really quite the pain to do thoroughly by hand.

Something to consider.

Thanks,

Rob T

We have a "Quote" button which we can use to create a public response to a thread post, with quoted text.  Sometimes I would prefer to send that privately to the author I am quoting - I'd like a new button to build the quote and send a private message to that person.  If I want to do this, especially with quoted text, it's really quite the pain to do thoroughly by hand.

It is possible to do this, though I admit it's not as straightforward as it could be. You need to open at least one additional browser tab or window to do it:

[*]View the thread you wish to quote from.

[*]Open "Send Personal Message" in another tab (Ctrl+Click) or window (Shift+Click).

[*]Click the "Quote" button in the original window.

[*]Select all the quoted text (Ctrl+A).

[*]Copy the quoted text (Ctrl+C).

[*]Paste the quoted text (Ctrl+V) into the personal message form.

This environment doesn't support direct quoting between threads, and that logically extends to personal messages.

|+|  M a r k  |+|