O.T. Hey North Carolinia Tenn peeps!

Sugarbell

We are going to be in the Asheville and Flat Rock area next weekend. Plan on touring Biltmore Estates and staying at a Mountain Lodge in Flat Rock.

I know Asheville is a super neat little town-I have never been there...and was wondering if anyone from that area or those who have been to the area had any suggestions. Possibly may have 2 out of 3 of my kids with me. (it was supposed to be a romantic getaway planned by NG but luckily he's adaptable.😳...Anything kid friendly would be helpful!

Or adult friendly...it's up in the air whether my kids are going (depends on my Mothers mood on Thursday whether she will watch all 3 or just my oldest. That's another story)

Suggestions?

You are going to be in the area where I grew up, and where I all my family is. I am so jealous! If you would like, I can get in touch with a few of my family members to get suggestions for good restaurants or family friendly activities.  One restaurant that was always a favorite of mine is Apollo Flame. They have pretty good Italian food, and they're located in the Biltmore area.

Thanks!!😊

We are staying in Flat Rock at a Mountain Lodge type place. I also want to go to the NC botanical gardens-suppose to have beautiful lights for the holidays and Biltmore.

Hoping to get 1/2 day to do outdoor hiking stuff-just my daughter is going (Mom agreed to both boys) and she's adventurous and a great traveler:

I love that area. If you are willing to drive about 35-45 min Grandfather Mountain is awesome it has a swinging bridge, some animals, a fudge shop....nice hiking and walking, Mt Mitchell is also awesome for hiking around. The Arboretum is a pretty place to walk around...I have never been there when the lights were up.

Have a great time!

Grandfather Mountain...is that the name of a town? --we would like to do outdoor stuff Sunday...get up early hike, etc...Then head out of town around 2 or 3 (it's a 5 hour drive to Asheville).

Saturday Biltmore and Arborteum (hopefully)-Go more into town if we have time.

should be arriving at the Lodge around 4 on Friday and will probably just hang out there-let my daughter swim in the indoor pool-stay close. I am trying to see as much as I can in 2 days (I do this all the time on trips and drive my boys crazy. NG is like me and likes to see/do everything when traveling and my daughter is the same way.

The town is Linville, NC - the park is Grandfather Mountain you can google it. Mt Mitchell may take a little more time to get to. There is also Chimney Rock State Park but I haven't been there. I guess you can just look and see what is around you and what looks the most interesting. Hope you all have a wonderful trip!