Cruel mind game I played on myself

Abitlost

As the reports came in about Jimmy Carter's tumors being gone, for a nanosecond my heart fluttered with excitement as my subconscious was eager to share news of this new drug treatment with DH, thinking there's hope! we'll try this drug! if 90-year old Jimmye Carter can beat cancer so can DH! ...until I remembered he was dead. Almost seven years out, I still forget that harsh reality.

abl

Guest TooSoon

((Hugs, abl.))  My husband was convinced he was going to be the one person who beat GBM.  He held onto that like a life raft and believed it with every fiber of his being.  The more demented he became, the more he believed in it.  It absolutely broke my heart.  Sending lots of love.

The hope and love we all feel for our spouse's is natural...but Lord knows it's painful.

I'm really sick and need skull/brain surgery, I thought Finally I'd get the chance to have the surgery done & suddenly felt the need to call my Wife with the good news...1.6 years from her passing.

Bless you all, there's nothing I've experienced worse than loosing her suddenly.

I am thrilled for Jimmy Carter and his family. And I've also been bracing myself for the "inspirational" memes and other things talking about how it was his positive attitude that saved him (with their underlying accusation that if those who didn't beat cancer had had a more positive attitude they would have lived). Bob couldn't have fought harder or had a more positive attitude and it was not his fault that the cancer beat him.