His Birthday today...

SimiRed

Happy Birthday, Ricky. 

We miss you, the love you gave your son and I is enough to last us a lifetime. I hope that I make you proud, I miss our talks, your laugh, your smile and your strength. Your words continue to guide us through life. 

The best way to honor you is to honor myself and become what I am and carry your strength and wisdom inside. You always found a way to be hopeful, no matter what our circumstances were.  I don't understand why you're not here and don't know if I ever will, but, I give you my word to keep your memories alive in our son and to keep our family safe.  I love you, I miss you and there are many days that I need you.

Your son is amazing, just like you...he has your quick wit, intelligence and determination.  Of course this leads back to why some days I need you more than others.  You always did have the right words to make me feel stronger, or to give me confidence.  I want to be everything you could have been to our son, you kinda made it hard for me, since you were much better at challenges than I am.

I'm getting there, Ricky, I'm learning to have the confidence that you always believed me to have. 

Happy Birthday, I wish you were here to blow out the 48 candles that I would have put on your cake. 

As always, I love you.