I am going to the spot where we eloped

Guest tableforone

Guest tableforone

Nine years ago my husband and I eloped to Key West. We were married at sunset on a beach. I sobbed throughout the ceremony. I was so in love. A year and a half later my husband dropped dead.

Last year I went back to Key West with my now husband. We rode bikes around the island and I casually pointed out the beach. He was respectful but I didn't walk over to the spot. I didn't want to stand on that sacred ground with another man.

Next week I am going to Key West, maybe alone. I want to stand on that spot. I have been missing my husband so much lately. So I cashed in miles and am going. I may toss a rose like we do at the Lauderdale bago.

I have a wonderful new marriage. But I still love my first husband so much.

Like everything I have ever typed to you all, I know someone will understand. And if you are going to be in Key West from the 23rd to the 31st, let's bago!

Thanks for listening.

Oh, I wish I could be there with you, TFO! I get that feeling of being pulled to revisit those special moments. I guess I never knew the story of your elopement. I hope the sun and sand will bring some peace to your heart. Love you!

• 2 weeks later...