So predictable-Y'all were right

Sugarbell

My house was grand central station for years for kids. The doors have been closed for several months due to work I am having done...

And my 2 younger ones here could really use a play date/overnight to break up the craziness. Nope not happening.

Even worse...my daughters 2 close little friends keep asking her "When can we come to your house and spend the night?"--She told them no kids since we are getting work done.

I am not around Stepford much-on the road constantly and I can't hit the wives up to have my kids over.

My son....his supposed best friend told him he was having him over to celebrate his birthday and they were going to a surprise prof basketball game. But the next day he said "No you aren't invited because my Mom is good friends with these 2 Moms so I have to have them instead". My son was crushed.

Stepford wives suck. My other son who has moved has never been happier and can't believe how nice the kids are in his new school.

Going to bite my tongue....I want to leave Stepford on a positive note.

I know you and your kids will be thrilled to get away from these Stepford moms who seem to have nothing better to do than making life miserable for others.  Too bad they are getting their kids involved with their nasty games and judgment.  I admire that you're taking the high road and keeping positive.  That leaves no ammunition for them.  Best of luck in your new adventures!

Leave Stepford with positive thoughts? I imagined more of a Michael Bay departure: badass Sugarbell in a long leather coat, hair flowing walking toward the audience in slow motion with a town ablaze behind her. Turns to someone offscreen "You dont do what you want to do, you do what you have to do. There was no other way to get rid of evil."

Just me?

Very glad you're leaving soon.

Lol! IRL I am pretty mellow but I will say the only reason I am keeping quiet is my younger 2 have 2 more months of school and I still need to attend a few end of the year Stepford school functions.

I am never around the place much at all..As crazy as it is...it's been a good gradual transition out of here. And I am still realizing that I have been living in some kind of alternate reality for 16 years living here (really 8..after DH died it become very apparent..but he named the place Stepford when we first moved here in 2000).

A lot of it...you have the entire population/school in about 7 blocks (except my neighborhood-which I love is the country transplants outta town). Tiny high school of 600 kids grades 7-12 and tons of cliques and in fighting.

Where we are moving...the high school is much larger...town larger and kids are bused in from up to 30 miles away. People scattered everywhere-more competitive, less superficial with money...and everyone (mom and dad) work. I am realizing just the logistics of Stepford lend itself to be Stepfordite.

On complete overload right now...But I know the light at the end of the tunnel makes it worth it. My oldest is so happy and constantly smiling down there-his last school year in Stepford he looked so sad and was losing his spark.

Guest TooSoon

You have one foot out the door already - get out of there! 

M has had a BFF at school for the past 2 years.  I've done everything in my power to cultivate that friendship but this kid's parents will not engage/respond/reciprocate.  It appears that M was not invited to her birthday party, which is sometime in the next two weeks.  I am livid.  M didn't have a party this year bc we were in England and then it just got too crazy so we went out to dinner with two other families we hang out with and my parents and called it done.  But anyway, is she not invited bc they think we didn't invite theirs to hers?  Or do they not approve of us?  I don't know but my kid is confused and devastated.  They are fucking NINE. They shouldn't be thinking about these things.  I feel your pain. 

Stepford, good lord.  When I leave, I'm going to kick the door shut so hard you might hear it in WV. 

Omg these people suck!

Poor M...that's just nasty of them!

W cried all last week...he felt like he wasn't good enough..I was so mad I could spit nails!

In reality...this Mom is a trophy wife...the Dad is a whopping 5'7 in his 2 inch cowboy boots and I tower over both of them. At games I am cordial (and had this kid to my house twice for overnight parties).

I intimidate and demasculate the Dad. Because my 11 year old is as tall as him and he's twice the athlete his kid is. (This is according to bossy boy).

It's just freaking insane! I hate it that may kid was made to feel this way.

In reality...this Mom is a trophy wife...the Dad is a whopping 5'7 in his 2 inch cowboy boots and I tower over both of them.

Hey! Nothing wrong with short blokes  (and I am 5'4 and DH was 6'6) - whatever other faults he might have, the poor sod can't help his height !

The height comment was bad...but to explain.

This Mom and Dad...when they see me (and I am in tennis shoes picking up my kid) have made comments about my height (maybe it was nervousness I dunno).. the kid has told my son "I have never seen a woman as tall as your mom" -Hello I am only 5'10...Not 7 feet.

I got so aggravated I started wearing heeled boots to games to tower even more over them.

When their son spent the night here twice...they never came to the door, dropped him off and left. Just weird. Very wealthy..oil money...big wheeled trucks...very over the top with the money.

And snide comments about my height. Why is it ok..but it's offensive to make comments about short people, overweight people, etc?

It was a learning lesson I suppose for my son...but it still really hurt him.