Grief on Film/in TV

JustJen's Broadway thread evolved into a conversation about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which features loss, death, grief and even widowhood quite prominently in its sixth season.

It coincided a bit with the end of my LH's life and I highly identified with characters - Buffy, Spike, Willow as they experienced things that I was livingat that time.

I mentioned to Jen that perhaps we should have a thread for sharing good, resonating scences.

The ones here are from the beginning of season six. Do not click through if you are not a fan of the fantasy/monster genre or if you are still easily triggered. Even nine years along, listening to Spike explain to Buffy (recently returned from the dead and isn't that a recurrent dream theme of early widowhood, eh?) that every night since her death he dreamed of ways to save her. Or listening to him easily recall how many days it had been since she died. Still hits a chord. Deep now. But forever familiar.

If you want to share, feel free. Or not. No pressure. My conversation with Jen just provoked a memory, and YouTube made it easy for me to follow that train of thought.

After Life (Part 1 of 4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13YSRsFSghE