Last day of the last year in which he lived.

I can't stop crying. It is the last night of the last day of the last year in which he lived.  I cannot wrap my head around the fact that I will wake up in a year he never inhabited.

I can't take this anymore.  I want my Honey.  I don't know how to live in this world without him. I cannot stop crying.

Hi Beth,

your post brings back memories. I was just like you last year. I could not imagine how it could be that he would never know 2016. It was very hard. I felt like I was leaving him behind in 2015. For me 2016 passed by as in a dream, its as if it did not happen at all. Tonight I came into work as to distract myself from the inevitable. But honestly 2017 does not scare me as 2016 did. This year does not have that same power over me. I cant say that I look forward to it but I am resigned to let what may come. Hang in there. What I kept telling myself was that its just a number. Wishing you some peace.

I had the same bittersweet feeling on NYE as well. I know that every day that I live, the longer it becomes since last I was with him. It's easy to get wrapped in the sorrow of it all but I survived the first holidays without him and that is huge. I did and with less sorrow than I would have originally predicted. Peace and hugs for you today.

I broke down on New Year's Eve for the same reason, it hurts so much that my husband will never see 2017 and that the last year he lived is officially over. I went out with my best friend on New Year's and was having a good time but when the count down started on the tv I completely lost it and started weeping. I was sitting at a bar and everyone around me was cheering and I was crying hysterically like a lunatic. At least the holidays are over for awhile. Hugs to you.