What a way to start off the year...

Today I got news that my son's friend committed suicide. What a way to wake up. And having to tell my son was the worst considering my husband did the same just 10 short months ago. My heart is heavy for his family and my heart is heavy for my son. This hit way to close to home in an actual and non actual sense.  :-[

Hi Leah,

Sorry to hear about the incident and what you have to go thru. I had similar scenario on Sat when my daughter came to me to tell that she is on phone with a friend who might have killed herself by eating too many pills and wanted me to call 911. I asked him she knew the address but friend will not tell. Anyways as my daughter was crying non stop so I decided to call 911 and give cell number of the girl and cops reached there and found she was fine as she too 8 instead of 2 tablets but still took her to emergency. I took my daughter to hospital to see her friend but the whole episode on phone with my daughter was for almost an hour and definitely has some effect on her. Not sure what to tell her except she did a good job of telling me.

Hugs

Manoj