The inevitable is about to happen

widowhoodsucks

Hi all,

Long time no post. But like a good neighbor. This place is always here. Thank god. Its so good to see some familiar faces... and so sad to see the new ones.

To those new, welcome to the club no one wanted to join and so sorry for your losses.

Back drop...I lost Rob 8 1/2 years ago coming up on the 14th. Aml took him in 31 days from dx to death. I was 3 months pregnant. Our 3 1\2 yo at home and 2 older step kids out in Arizona. My boy born, Rob's son was born 6 months later. He'll be 8 in July. He's been asking questions. He does not know about Rob. He knows of Rob, but that he is family....not his dad. My fiancé has been in my sons life since he was 8 months old. He knows he is his step dad.

Today he asked if he was adopted.... I said no...I was his bio mom. He talked about our family and brought Rob up in the family sense.

Its time to tell him the truth and I'm falling to pieces. It never was intended to keep it a secret...it just never came up. I'm not ready. He lost his grandpa this past December.

I know its the right thing...I just can't break his heart. I will be watching him lose his dad for the first time......

I hope I have the strength for this. We are doing it when he gets out of school for the summer in 2 weeks. 2 weeks of torture for me...

Now i am gonna lose Rob all over again...I'm not ready for this.....

I think you can do it. You know what's best and it's causing you to have anxiety but realize that you can give your son that sense he's looking for, that seems lost to him since he never had the opportunity to know his father. Hugs to you.